Treatment & Services
- Abdominal Perineal Resection
- Anorecal Physiology And Ultrasonography
- Anorectal Fistula Treatment
- Anorectal Surgery
- Cancer Center
- Consultation for Complicated Colon and Rectal Disease
- Ileoanal Pouch
- Inherited Colon Cancer Risk Assessment
- Intestinal Stomas
- J Pouch
- Laparoscopic Abdominal Perineal Resection
- Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
- Laparoscopic J-pouch Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgery
- Pediatric Total Abdominal Colectomy
- Pelvic Pouch Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis
- Postpartum Hemorrhage Surgery
- Push Enteroscopy
- Rectal Cancer Surgery
- Rectal Ultrasound
- Re-Do Rectal Surgery
- Reoperative Abdominal Surgery
- Reoperative Pelvic Surgery
- Resection of Colon and Rectal Diseases
- Rubber Band Ligation Of Hemorrhoids
- Sphincter Sparing Surgery
- Surgery For Crohn's Disease
- Surgery for Fecal Incontinence
- Surgery for Pilonidal Cyst
- Surgery for Rectal Prolapse
- Surgery for Rectovaginal Fistula
- Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM)
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abdominal Pain
- Anal Abscesses
- Anal Cancer
- Anal Fissures
- Anal Fistula
- Bowel Incontinence
- Collagenous Colitis
- Colon Polyps
- Colorectal Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Enterocutaneious Fistula
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
- Female Incontinence
- Functional Disorders
- Genital Warts
- Hereditary Non Polyposis Colorectal Cancer
- Hirschsprung's Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Intestinal Ischemic Syndrome
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Juvenile Polyposis
- Large Intestine Cancer
- Necrotizing Fasciitis
- Pelvic Disorders
- Perianal Ulcer
- Peutz- Jeghers Syndrome
- Pilonidal Cyst
- Proctitis - Care & Treatment
- Rectal Abscess
- Rectal Prolapse
- Rectal Vaginal Fistula
- Small Intestine Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Grant Medical Center
Colon & Rectal Surgery
Columbus, OH USA
Residency - Akron City Hospital
Akron, OH USA
Medical School - Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Athens, OH USA
Undergraduate - Gannon University
Erie, PA USA
- Fellow, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Cancer and Polyps of the Colon, Rectum and Anus, Laparoscopic and Minimally Colon and Rectal Surgery, Complex Anorectal Diseases, Colonoscopy, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Sphincter-Saving Operations, Diverticular Disease, Intestinal Stomas, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Surgery
Awards & Honors
- Distinguished Teacher of the Year, Colorectal Surgery, 2014-2015
- Doctor of Distinction - Cleveland Clinic Medina Hospital
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- Cleveland Surgical Society
- Ohio Valley Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Collaborative Group of the Americas on Inherited Colorectal Cancer
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 12/12/2016, Dr. Valente has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
133 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.6|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
12 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jul 21, 2017
Dr.Valente was very informative and took his time to understand the problem and provide a plan of action.
Reviewed on Jul 1, 2017
Dr. Valente is an asset to your facility. He has a great bedside manner and a calming demeanor.
Reviewed on Jun 2, 2017
Dr. Valente didn't even come & see me in the hospital, then I was discharged way before I should have been. Didn't let my family know how surgery went.
Reviewed on May 12, 2017
Dr. Valente is terrific. PA was also very knowledgeable.
Reviewed on May 2, 2017
Dr. Valenta was very nice and respectful, great bedside manner.
Reviewed on Mar 20, 2017
felt like I was getting personal care like a family member of Dr. Valente
Reviewed on Mar 6, 2017
same day appointment, excellent staff, understanding and went above and beyond to be seen same day
Reviewed on Jan 23, 2017
Explained my treatment options in depth and answered all my questions and helped me with my decisions as to my treatment
Reviewed on Dec 5, 2016
The doctor told me he wanted to see me in 3 months, but I was not told if I should call the office to make an appointment or if someone would call me. The procedure always seems to be different and I never seem to be kept in the loop.
Reviewed on Nov 21, 2016
Reviewed on Oct 13, 2016
Great overall experience.
Reviewed on Oct 10, 2016
Dr Valente is a wonderful dr, considering the type of dr he is and what he has to do at times, he ALWAYS makes me feel very comfortable
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.