Treatment & Services
- Ablation in Pediatric Patients
- Ablation of Complex Arrhythmias
- Arrhythmia Management Including Cardioversion
- Arrhythmia Mechanisms
- Department of Pediatric Cardiology & CT Surgery
- ICD Implants
- Pacemaker Follow-up
- Pacemaker Implant
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Abnormal Heart Rhythms
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia
- Brugada Syndrome
- Catecholaminergic Polymorphic Ventricular Tachycardia
- Congenital & Acquired Heart Block
- Heart Palpitations
- Long QT Syndrome (LQTS)
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome (WPW)
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA USA
Fellowship - Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA USA
Residency - University of Michigan Health System
Ann Arbor, MI USA
Internship - University of Michigan Medical School
Ann Arbor, MI USA
Medical School - The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health
Columbus, OH USA
Undergraduate - University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI USA
- Following his fellowship training, Dr. Aziz joined the Cleveland Clinic as a pediatric electrophysiologist. Since joining as a staff physician Dr. Aziz has been awarded Lecturer of the Year consecutively since his appointment. He is active in the training and teaching of medical students, residents and fellows, an activity that continuously inspires him. Recently, Dr. Aziz was appointed the Director of the Sir Magdi Yacoub International Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology. This program is aimed at providing subspecialty training to international physicians who will return home to provide needed care to under-served pediatric patients with congenital heart disease and inherited arrhythmia disorders.Dr. Aziz has been an invited lecturer on several occasions for his expertise in sudden cardiac death and inherited arrhythmias, which continues to be his academic and clinical passion. He is the first and current Director of the Inherited Arrhythmias Clinic, an effort that was proposed, initiated and established through his fervor in managing the channelopathy syndromes. Dr. Aziz looks forward to participating in the ever changing field of electrophysiology and hopes to constantly improve the outcomes of patients with inherited arrhythmia syndromes.
- Pediatrics - Pediatric Cardiology
Abnormal heart rhythms, arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia, heart palpitations, long QT syndrome (LQTS), supraventricular tachycardia, syncope, ventricular tachycardia, Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome (WPW), electrophysiology study, radiofrequency ablation, device implantation
Awards & Honors
- Golden Key National Honor Society (University ofMichigan) 1998.
- Delta Epsilon Iota Honors Society (University ofMichigan) 1999.
- Betty Ford Scholarship Program (Ohio StateUniversity College of Medicine) 2001.
- The Steve T Koeff Outstanding Resident TeachingAward (University of Michigan Medical School) 2006-2007.
- Boston Scientific Fellow Scholarship Award 2009.
- Heart Rhythm Society Educational Scholarship,Emerging Electrophysiologist 2009.
- Medtronic Fellow Scholarship Grant 2010-2011.
- CHOP Research Poster Day Award 2011.
- SADS 2011 Young Investigator Award in Clinicaland Translational Science 2011.
- Best Lecturer – Awarded by the PediatricResidents at the Cleveland Clinic 2012-2016.
- Teacher of the Year – Awarded by the PediatricResidents at the Cleveland Clinic 2014.
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/16/2018, Dr. Aziz has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
72 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||5|
9 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jan 3, 2019
In all my clinic experience, this was the best one we have had. it is very scary to have a child develop a heart issue, even mild. The entire staff was kind and efficient. Rita and Allison answered questions with kindness and lots of information when I called. Dr. Aziz was reassuring to both of us and also my daughter. His exam was thorough and he explained everything in a way we could understand. The care everyone gave my daughter was outstanding.
Reviewed on Dec 11, 2018
Dr. Aziz has been caring for my daughter's unique heart problems for many years. He is patient and compassionate, and we are thankful to have him as her doctor.
Reviewed on Dec 5, 2018
Dr Aziz is the BEST doctor we could ever hope for and he has the best bedside manner. If he ever left Cleveland clinic we would follow him anywhere
Reviewed on Dec 3, 2018
Excellent Doctor, would highly recommend him to anyone. very informative. He truly cared about our concerns and family medical history. he was very knowledgeable and explained things in a way that was easy to understand. his recommendations and assessment were comforting and gave us a sense of relief
Reviewed on Nov 2, 2018
Dr. Aziz is a phenomenal provider. He always explains everything in a way my child and I can understand. He goes through all options of treatment and includes my child in the entire discussion. He showed respect and caring. I would never want my child to see any another cardiologist. Dr. Aziz is an asset to CCF.
Reviewed on Jul 30, 2018
Dr Aziz is the most dedicated physician I know! He takes time to listen, asks questions. and explains complex things in a simple, easy to understand manner. I trust him with my daughters care and recommend him as often as possible. He is a life-changer and will always be an important part of our families journey with my daughters condition. Everyone training with him should know that he is the best of the best!
Reviewed on Jun 20, 2018
Dr. Aziz and his staff are very compassionate, kind and caring! There is nothing they could've done to make our visit and procedure at Cleveland clinic any better!
Reviewed on Jun 18, 2018
I love Dr. Aziz. He is smart, attentive to my concerns, patient with me to make sure I understand everything before making any decisions. He is very caring & has a wonderful way of putting people at ease during sometimes difficult times. I put my complete trust in this man because I know he will do his best to always find the best treatment for me.
Reviewed on Apr 9, 2018
Dr. Aziz and his nurse practitioner were wonderful. They were very thorough, pleasant, informational, and easy to understand. We are very appreciative of the excellent care that they provided for our "special needs" daughter.
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.