Treatment & Services
- Cognitive Behavioral Interventions
- Cognitive-behavioral Treatment
- Consultation and Long-term Care
- Family Adjustment To Chronic Illness
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Individualized Assessment And Psychotherapy
- Neuropathology Diagnosis and Consultation
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anxiety Disorder
- Depressive Disorders
- Devic's Disease (Neuromyelitis Optica)
- Memory Impairment
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Relationship/interpersonal Problems
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Health Psychology/Pain Management
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical Education - Argosy University
Atlanta, GA USA
Internship - University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH USA
Undergraduate - Saint Bonaventure University
St. Bonaventure, NY USA
- Board Certification in Clinical Health Psychology
- Member, Women's Professional Staff Association
- Ohio Psychological Association, Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award Committee
Awards & Honors
- 2015 Early Career Psychologist of the Year, CPA
- 2015 Robert M. Herndon Award
- St. Bonaventure University, Extraordinary Graduate in Medicine Award
- Selected as a Woman of Outstanding Leadership in Healthcare
- St. Bonaventure University Alumni Advisory Board
- First place research award, Midwest Pain Society meeting
- National MS Society, American Academy of Pain Medicine, American Pain Society, Midwest Pain Society, American Psychological Association, Ohio Psychological Association, Cleveland Psychological Association.Member, Women's Professional Staff Association.
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 8/7/2019, Dr. Sullivan has reported the financial relationships with the companies listed below. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Consulting and/or Speaking. Dr. Sullivan receives fees of $5,000 or more per year as a paid consultant, speaker or member of an advisory committee for the following companies:
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Genentech, Inc
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
35 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||5|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||5|
3 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Oct 8, 2019
I am very comfortable with Dr. Sullivan. She has helped me tremendously! She provides me with information about my condition that I never considered and she is very non threatening.
Reviewed on Mar 5, 2019
Love Dr. Sullivan. She is awesome
Reviewed on Jan 8, 2019
Amy has been an amazing provider. WE have gotten to know each other and developed a trust like I have never experienced before. Thank you Amy, I dread thinking about my life without your care.
© 2019 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.