Sprains of the first metatarsophalangeal joint or "great toe" are often referred to as turf toe. Turf toe is caused by increased flexion or extension of the great toe causing stretching or tearing of the ligaments.
- Sometimes instability of the great toe
- Acutely treated with PRICE regimen:
- Protection, Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.
- Surgical treatment of turf toe is rarely necessary
- Wearing shoes that have stability around the great toe
Schedule an Appointment Online
Call us toll-free for an Appointment
- Orthopaedics & Rheumatology: 866.275.7496
- Sports Health: 877.440.TEAM (8326)
To arrange a same-day visit, call 216.444.2606