Social Services provides support to patients and their families to help reduce barriers to medical, social and financial resources. Our social workers are valuable members of the patient's healthcare team and contribute to the patient's recovery in the hospital and at home.
- Case management – connecting patients with needed services
- Counseling for patients and families (grief, caregiver support, pregnancy, domestic violence, mental health behavior)
- Crisis intervention
- Support group referrals
- Child and adult protective concerns
- Communication between doctors, nurses, other staff, family, and friends
- Plan discharge transition from hospital to home, extended care facility or skilled nursing facility
- Guidance with financial concerns
- State of Ohio Medicaid Application
- Prescription assistance information and referral
- Substance abuse treatment referrals
- Living Will and Healthcare Power of Attorney information
- Referrals to community resources
- Interpreter service coordination
- Spiritual care arrangements
To contact Social Services, call 330.343.3311, ext. 2830.
Union Hospital also offers Care Coordinators, which are nurses who help with discharge planning. To contact a Care Coordinator, call 330.343.3311 and request the Care Management Department.