The New Lakewood Family Health Center
Thank you for choosing the Cleveland Clinic for your healthcare needs. We are pleased to inform you that the new Cleveland Clinic Lakewood Family Health Center is scheduled to open this month. Many of the services you’ve come to expect from the Center for Family Medicine (18200 Lorain Ave.) and Cleveland Clinic Lakewood (14519 Detroit Ave.), both offices relocating this month as indicated below, will be offered at the new Lakewood Family Health Center.
The new Lakewood Family Health Center will open as indicated below:
- July 11, 2018 - Internal Medicine & Specialty Offices
- July 16, 2018 - The Center for Family Medicine: Primary care for common illnesses in adults and children, women’s health including pregnancy and delivery, behavioral health counseling and more. Offering the latest in technology, it will be a hub for innovative patient programs, including group education opportunities and shared medical appointments.
- July 25, 2018 - Emergency Department (ED): The new state-of-the-art ED will be available 24/7. You can be assured that you will receive the same high standard of care you have come to expect from the Cleveland Clinic.
About The Facility
Located at 14601 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood Family Health Center is a 64,700 square-foot, $34 million facility.
“Welcome to a new generation in health care.” says James Hekman, MD, FACP, Medical Director, Lakewood Family Health Center and Cleveland Clinic Lakewood. “Lakewood Family Health Center is focused on world class quality, outstanding service, strong educational programs and a commitment to be a valued and trusted community partner.”
Services in the new Lakewood Family Health Center include:
- 24/7 full-service Emergency Department
- Center for Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Imaging and Lab services
- Diabetes Services, including diabetic eye exams
- Center for LGBT care, with providers who understand the health needs of LGBT patients, and access to specialists with expertise in their care
- Behavioral health services with a team of psychiatrists, therapists, advanced practice nurses and other specialists who are trained to manage complex mental health issues
- Center for Brain Health specialists providing diagnosis and ongoing treatment for patients with cognitive disorders and support services for family members who care for them
- Access to the Cleveland Clinic Mobile Stroke Treatment Unit, an ambulance equipped for on-site stroke diagnosis and treatment
- Pharmaceutical support for all Lakewood Family Health Center services
- Many other specialty services including endocrinology, urology, nephrology, allergy, general surgery, colorectal surgery and neurology
Additional offerings for patients include group education and shared medical appointment rooms, patient-centered exam rooms designed to foster a more engaged interaction between the patient and provider, care coordination and population management specialists, and patient navigators.