Kelsey Fink, PharmD, BCPS, BCPPS
Clinical Specialist at Hillcrest since 2017
- Board Certified Pediatric Pharmacy Specialist, November 2017
- Pediatric Pharmacy Specialty Residency 2016-2017, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, November 2016
- Pharmacy Practice Residency 2015-2016, Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital, Mayfield Heights, Ohio
- Doctor of Pharmacy 2015, Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio
Areas of Interest
- Neonatal critical care
- Neonatal abstinence syndrome
- Drugs in lactation and breastfeeding
- Antibiotic stewardship
- Clinical rounding in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Clinical coverage of general pediatrics floor
- Post-partum medication counseling
- OPQC Neonatal Subcommittee
- Vermont Oxford Network iNICQ 2018 – Choosing Antibiotics Wisely
- NICU Discharge A3 Project
- MediHoney Use for Skin Injury in Neonates (MUSIN) Trial
- Darbepoetin use in preterm neonates
- Hillcrest Hospital Pharmacy A3 Group Projects
- Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital Residency Advisory Committee
- Preceptor and Resident Development subcommittee chair
- Structure committee member
- Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
- CCHS Pediatric Leadership Committee
- CCHS Medical Staff Pediatric Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
- NICU Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
- Hillcrest NICU Operations
- Hillcrest NICU Performance Improvement Committee
- Member of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Ohio Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Cleveland Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Member of Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group
- NICU SIG member
- Member of American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Ohio College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy Pediatric PRN
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy Neonatal PRN
- Preceptor for PharmD students
- Preceptor for PGY1 residents at Hillcrest Hospital
- NICU Training Course for clinical pharmacists
Honors and Awards
- Cleveland Clinic Pharmacy Residency Program Regional Resident of the Year, 2016.
- Schutes BL, Gee SW, Sargel CL, Fink KA, Tobias JD. Strategies for the prevention of dexmedetomidine withdrawal in a pediatric intensive care unit. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2018 Apr;19(4):287-297.
- Fink K, Axtell S. What drug combinations or patient characteristics increase risk of serotonin syndrome? OSHP Bulletin 2016; 36(1):4.
- DiFiore T, Fink K, Schwersenski J, Karnati S, Saker F. The impact of an Antibiotic Stewardship Program on the Antibiotic Utilization Rate at Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hillcrest Hospital’s Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Poster Presentation at Vermont Oxford Network Quality Congress. Chicago, IL, September 2018.
- Fink K, Schutes B, Gee S, Tobias J, Sargel C. Strategies for the prevention of dexmedetomidine withdrawal in a pediatric intensive care unit. Poster presentation at Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group Annual Meeting. Charlotte, NC, May 2017/
- Fink K, Schutes B, Gee S, Tobias J, Sargel C. Strategies for the prevention of dexmedetomidine withdrawal in a pediatric intensive care unit. Poster presentation at ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Las Vegas, NV, December 2016.
- Fink K, Temple-Cooper M. Compliance with oxytocin protocol in laboring patients. Poster presentation at ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. New Orleans, LA, December 2015.
- Fink K, Temple-Cooper M. Compliance with oxytocin protocol in laboring patients. Poster presentation at United Health Consortium. New Orleans, LA, December 2015.
- Fink K, Temple-Cooper M. Compliance with oxytocin protocol in laboring patients. Poster presentation at Ohio College of Clinical Pharmacists Fall Meeting. Columbus, OH, October 2015.
- “Common Pediatric Disease States” Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital Advanced Practice Nursing/Physician Assistants Continuing Education Series. September 2018.
- “Neonatal TPN” Case Western Reserve Nurse Practitioner Program. Cleveland, OH, November 2017.
- “To Wait or Not to Wait? Timing of Parenteral Nutrition in Critically Ill Pediatric Patients” ACPE-accredited continuing education presentation. Midwest Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group Fall Clinical Meeting. Akron, OH, October 2016.
- “Methadone versus morphine for the treatment of neonatal abstinence syndrome” Webcast journal club presentation. American College of Clinical Pharmacy Pediatric PRN Section. May 2016.
- “Compliance with Oxytocin Protocol in Laboring Patients” Obstetrics and Gynecology Medical Grand Rounds Presentation. Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital, Mayfield Heights, OH, February 2016.