Number of Students
Roberto Vargas, MD, Gynecologic Oncologist
Akron General Gynecologic Oncology
224 West Exchange Street
Akron, Ohio 44302
- Jason Knight, MD, Gynecologic Oncologist
- To broaden the student’s clinical experience in both the inpatient and outpatient setting as it pertains to care of the gynecologic oncology patient.
- To include the student as an integral member in the patient care team which would include active participation in surgical procedures in gynecologic oncology.
- To educate student’s in the appropriate workup and diagnosis of women with gynecologic malignancies.
- To improve the student’s patient care skills, including the ability to perform and present histories and physical exams, develop differential diagnoses, make clinical decisions, and manage patients post-operatively.
- Learn to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Function in the role of acting intern.
- Learn to obtain a complete history with emphasis on pertinent cancer risk factors and family history and perform a complete physical exam.
- Assist with Gynecologic Oncology surgical procedures.
- Assist with the care of both pre- and post-op patients under the care of the service.
- Prepare a brief literature review pertaining to a common GYN ONC clinical problem for presentation at GYN ONC conference.
Night Call/Special Requirements
The maximum number of days approved for time off is 2 days during rotation. If additional time is needed, the request must be approved by the elective Director PRIOR to the start of the elective rotation.