To our most loyal donors, “Thank you.” Your consistent generosity and support make our mission possible. Impactful gifts like yours help us advance the standard for research, education and patient care — now and in the future.
Cleveland Clinic’s Philanthropy Institute has three donor recognition societies at various levels. We invite our donors, including individuals, families, corporations and foundations, to become members.
Cleveland Clinic’s 1921 Society honors donors who have made cumulative gifts of $1 million or more. These gifts enable groundbreaking discoveries and lifesaving treatments, and they help us achieve our top strategic priorities. Members support Cleveland Clinic’s vision for a healthier world.
Cleveland Clinic’s Cornerstone Society honors donors who have made current gifts of $100,000 or more. Our members make these generous gifts because they know that Cleveland Clinic is where their donations do the most good.
Pyramid Legacy Society
The Pyramid Legacy Society honors donors who include Cleveland Clinic in their estate plans. Legacy giving can take many forms, including a gift through a will or trust, life-income gifts or beneficiary designations. From scholarship funds to transformative research, gift planning can have a lasting impact for generations.
Cleveland Clinic’s 1921 Society honors donors who have made cumulative gifts of $1 million or more. As a major donor, you join more than 700 members worldwide who have put their resources and compassion to work. From seeding crucial discoveries to building leading-edge facilities, these gifts have led to some of our most significant accomplishments.
1921 was the start of something big. Four physicians returned home to Cleveland, Ohio, after World War I. They saw a need for better patient care. This vision turned into a solution — a single nonprofit outpatient facility that would become a global powerhouse of innovation, research and education. In 2005, the 1921 Society was established to recognize our most impactful philanthropic partners that make this continued growth possible.
There are many ways we celebrate 1921 Society members, including:
- Concierge appointment scheduling at our locations in Ohio and Florida.
- Invitations to celebrations recognizing the programs their donations support.
- Opportunities to engage with world-leading researchers, scientists and clinicians.
- Regular communications from our leadership with updates on the impact of their gifts.
Cleveland Clinic’s Cornerstone Society honors donors who have made current gifts of $100,000 or more. These generous contributions sustain and propel our mission to save lives throughout the world through research, education and community development. Innovative ideas and discoveries become realities that touch real patients every day, all thanks to your ongoing passion and commitment.
There are many ways we celebrate Cornerstone Society members, including:
- Assistance with appointment scheduling at our locations in Ohio and Florida.
- Exclusive invitations to special events recognizing their generosity.
- Opportunities to engage with world-renowned thought leaders at Cleveland Clinic.
- Updates from our leadership about the impact of their gifts.
Pyramid Legacy Society
The Pyramid Legacy Society honors donors who include Cleveland Clinic in their estate plans. Our generous legacy donors from all over the world share the common vision of helping Cleveland Clinic advance the standard of healthcare for decades to come.
There are many ways for individuals, families and foundations to make legacy gifts and become members of the Pyramid Legacy Society, including:
- Beneficiary designations on life insurance policies or retirement assets.
- Charitable bequests through a will or trust.
- Charitable lead trusts.
- Life-income gifts, such as gift annuities or charitable remainder trusts.
- Securing pledges through estate plans.
Learn more about the many philanthropic and financial benefits of gift planning.
Since 1921, Cleveland Clinic has been a pioneer in research, education and patient care. Our century of growth was largely made possible with the support of donors like you, whose impactful legacy gifts help us plan for the future. In 1992, we established the Pyramid Legacy Society to thank and honor our friends, patients and alums who continue to build the legacy of Cleveland Clinic through long-term planning.
There are many ways we celebrate Pyramid Legacy Society members, including:
- Consideration for the annual Dr. George W. Crile, Sr. Award.
- Invitations to special events celebrating the impact of your philanthropy.
- Quarterly updates from our leadership team.
- Subscription to and recognition in our annual magazine, Pyramid.
Call 216.444.1245 or contact us to learn more about Pyramid Legacy Society and how you can become a lifetime partner to support Cleveland Clinic’s mission. You can also explore our most recent issue of the annual Pyramid magazine.