Cleveland Clinic in Florida is the region’s premier location for sports medicine, providing extensive, specialized care in multiple locations from South Florida to the Treasure Coast. Our specialists offer comprehensive treatment for athletes of all levels, from the weekend warrior to high school and college athletes. We work with multiple specialists in the Orthopaedic and Rheumatologic Institute to offer team-based, well-rounded injury treatment and prevention.
Why choose Cleveland Clinic in Florida?
Patients who choose the Cleveland Clinic in Florida sports medicine team benefit from:
- Sports injury expertise: Sports medicine physicians with the Orthopaedic and Rheumatologic Institute have developed a process for medical providers to help diagnose and treat sports injuries in high school, college and professional athletes. When you choose Cleveland Clinic in Florida, you have a team with widespread expertise.
- Experienced athletic trainers: Through our Sports Medicine Program, we offer on-site athletic training to high school and college sports teams throughout the region. This on-site model ensures young athletes receive high-quality athletic training in a location convenient for them.
- Optimized recovery: Our athletic trainers also work with patients one-on-one in the post-rehabilitation exercise programming (PREP) Program. Through the PREP Program, our athletic trainers help you shift from a rehab program to exercising on your own.
Cleveland Clinic Martin Health & Fitness Centers
We want to be your partner in health. Regardless of where you are on your health journey, we have a program that’s right for you.
What We Treat
The sports medicine team offers collaborative treatment of injuries affecting the elbow, hip or knee, such as cartilage or ligament tears, and:
We also treat sports- and shoulder-related conditions, such as:
Sports Medicine Treatment
We use a wide range of treatments to help athletes get back in the game. For most injuries, we use a variety of nonsurgical methods to promote healing. Sports medicine treatment may include:
Sports physical therapy
In collaboration with our physical therapy and sports rehabilitation team, we offer multiple rehab services. Sports physical therapy often involves several sessions of in-office exercise sessions, as well as an at-home treatment plan. Learn more about rehabilitation and sports therapy.
With joint preservation treatments, we aim to improve function and reduce pain without surgical intervention. We use the latest joint preservation treatments, all of which we perform in our offices with little to no downtime.
Joint preservation treatments may include:
- Bone marrow aspirate concentrate stem injection.
- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy.
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy.
- Tenex Health TX™ percutaneous ultrasonic energy procedure.
We can treat most sports injuries with nonsurgical methods. But when needed, we collaborate closely with orthopaedic surgery to offer expert treatment. Our surgeons use minimally invasive techniques as often as possible to minimize scarring, pain and recovery time.
Surgery might include:
- Hip and knee surgery: Hip and knee surgeons may use arthroscopy or minimally invasive techniques to repair ligaments, tendon or cartilage. If needed, they may also offer joint replacements. Learn more about hip and knee surgery.
- Shoulder and upper extremity surgery: Count on our shoulder and upper extremity surgery team to repair an unstable shoulder, a rotator cuff tear or perform shoulder replacement. This team also includes specialized hand therapists who help increase motor skills and function after surgery.
- Foot and ankle surgery: Our foot and ankle surgeons and podiatrists offer extensive foot and ankle care, including complex reconstructions of the foot and ankle. Our team also includes wound care specialists. Learn more about foot and ankle surgery.
Ortho Express Care™
Cleveland Clinic Ortho Express Care™ offers Florida patients access to orthpaedic appointments when immediate care is needed. In Stuart, the Cleveland Clinic Ortho Express Care™ is located at the Patricia Lichtenberger Medical Plaza. Orthopaedic experts are available to treat joint, muscle or bone injuries, sometimes on the same day or very next day.
Call 772.212.0732 to request an appointment or to learn more. Choose Ortho Express Care™ for quick and quality orthopaedic care.
Same-day care for:
- Sudden joint, bone or muscle injuries
- Swollen or painful joints
- Sports or exercise-related injuries (no concussions)
- Simple Fractures
- Sprains & Strains
- Other musculoskeletal injuries
- Ages 18 and up
Cleveland Clinic Patricia Lichtenberger Medical Plaza
2150 SE Salerno Rd.
Stuart, Florida 34997
Method of Payment
Most insurance plans are accepted. Payment, including co-pays, will be required at time of service.
Appointments & Locations
Our treatment guides help athletes, coaches and parents find answers to questions regarding sports health and concussion treatment:
- Concussion Fact Sheet – Coaches [PDF].
- Concussion Fact Sheet – Parents [PDF].
- Sports Health Tool [PDF].
- Sports Health Treatment Guide [PDF].
Competitive Edge is a monthly enewsletter geared to athletes of all ages and skills and parents of today's competitive young athletes. This newsletter keeps you informed of the latest health topics, concerns and trends in youth sports. Sign Up today.