Treatment & Services
- Critical Care Medicine
- Endotracheal Intubation
- Interventional Pulmonary Medicine
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Treating Asthma With Bronchodilators
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acute Lung Injury
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Lung Cancer
- Pulmonary Disease
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Loyola University Medical Center
Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
Maywood, IL USA
Residency - University of Illinois at Chicago Hospitals
Chicago, IL USA
Internship - Istanbul Universitesi
Medical School - Istanbul Universitesi
- Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease
- Internal Medicine - Critical Care Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine
Acute respiratory distress syndrome(ARDS), asthma, bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema, histoplasmosis, lung cancer, pneumonia, pulmonary disease, sepsis
Awards & Honors
- University of Illinois, Department of Medicine House Staff Award, Scientific Resident of the Year, 1995-1996
- The Chest Foundation of the American College of Chest Physicians Clinical Fellowship Award 1998
- The Chicago Thoracic Society Best Clinical Abstract Award 1998
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of Medicine-Michael Reese Hospital 2001-2002
- George O'Brien, MD Award for Outstanding Contributions to Medicine Housestaff, Mercy Hospital 2002
- Subspecialist of the Year Award, Department of Medicine-Mercy Hospital 2002
- Subspecialist of the Year Award, Department of Medicine-Mercy Hospital 2003
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of Medicine-Michael Reese Hospital 2004
- William Tito, Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago 2004
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of Medicine-Michael Reese Hospital 2005
- George O'Brien, MD Award for Outstanding Contributions to Medicine Housestaff, Mercy Hospital 2005
- William Tito, Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago 2008
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 1/3/2017, Dr. Hatipoglu has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
44 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.9|
|Knows Medical History||4.7|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.9|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.8|
6 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Jun 29, 2017
I absolutely adore Dr. Hatipoglu. He is pleasant, knowledgeable, and caring. You can tell he actually cares about his patients.
Reviewed on May 9, 2017
The doctor called me that evening and the next morning to be sure I was receiving proper care.
Reviewed on Apr 17, 2017
Dr. Hatipoglu is an excellent physician. I'm very glad he's my pulmonologist.
Reviewed on Jan 3, 2017
Reviewed on Sep 20, 2016
Dr. Hatipoglu is one the most knowledgeable and kindest doctors that I have ever met.
Reviewed on Sep 20, 2016
Dr. Hatipoglu was an absolute professional. Explained everything very clearly and was a tremendous help in more fully understanding my medical issue. He delivered exactly what I had hoped to learn about the situation. Excellent!!!
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.