Treatment & Services
- Benign Prostate Surgery
- Bladder Tumor Biopsy And Resection
- Photoselective Vaporization of the Prostate
- Prostate Biopsy
- TURP (Transurethral Resection of The Prostate)
- Urodynamic Studies
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Bladder Irritating Foods
- Elevated PSA
- Enlarged Prostate/Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Facts About Bladder Cancer
- Hydrocele | Spermatocele
- Hydrocele Hernia
- Kidney Infections
- Kidney Stones
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Penile Fracture
- Peyronie's Disease
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Disease
- Testicular Cancer
- Urethral Strictures & Urinary Fistulas
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infection
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Research Urological Institute
Cleveland, OH USA
Fellowship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Residency - St. Vincent Health Center
Erie, PA USA
Residency - Saint Vincent Health Center
Erie, PA USA
Residency - Children's Hospital of Buffalo
Buffalo, NY USA
Residency - Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Erie, PA USA
Residency - Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Buffalo, NY USA
Residency - Hamot Medical Center
Erie, PA USA
Internship - St. John Medical Center
Westlake, OH USA
Medical School - University of Baghdad College of Medicine
Undergraduate - University of Baghdad
- Urology - Urology
Reconstructive surgery, urology, bladder cancer, enlarged prostate, kidney stones, neurogenic bladder, overactive bladder, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, urinary incontinence
Innovations & Patents
- A total of 37 innovations submitted to Cleveland Clinic from 2002-2009 and has 5 non medical innovationsPublications in Scientific Journals
- Diabetes Mellitus alters predictive value of PSA Ayman Moussa,Ahmed Ragheb, Luay Susan, Stephen Jones and Gaurang Shah Accepted for poster presentation at North Central Section of the AUA in Phoenix, Arizona Nov. 2009
- Evolution of surgical technique in partial nephrectomy for renal tumors Gaurang Shah, Luay Susan and Inderbir Gill Accepted for poster presentation at the Annual British Association of Urological Surgeons June 2009
- The perception of family history risk and its estimate role of having prostate cancer in the contemporary era Ayman Moussa,Gaurang Shah, Luay Susan, Changhong Yu, Michael Kattan and Stephen Jones Journal of Urology 181,4 suppl.748; 2009
- How to manage BOO with temporary prostatic stent Neal Shore, Mirza Baig, Anthony Cantwell Douglas Chinn and Luay Susan Hands On-the latest in urological surgical techniques Urology Times 16,July 2009
- Female circumcision: History,medical and psychological complications, and initiatives to eradicate this practice Gaurang Shah , Luay Susan and Jean Furcroy Presented at AUA in May 2008 , Orlando,Florida The Canadian Journal of Urology; 16(2);4576 April 2009
- Office-based thermotherapy improves symptom score and flow rate in BPH patients with medically refractory lower urinary tract symptoms Shikha Sharma, Luay P Susan, and Craig D. Zippe Urology News, Cleveland Clinic, Glickman Urological Institute 15:16,2006-2007
- Clinical and urodynamic study of 15 patients with continent urinary diversion. Salah H. Falih, Luay P. Susan and Shawqi G. Gazala, Basrah Journal of Surgery; 1:25, 1997.
- Gross haematuria in 62 patients. The value of cystoscopy at different age groups. Luay P. Susan, Basrah Journal of Surgery; 2: 33, 1996.
- Continent urinary reconstruction (Kock Pouch). Luay P. Susan, Basrah Journal of Surgery; 2: 19, 1995
- Yields from transrectal needle biopsy of prostate. Luay P. Susan, Luay Y. Askar and Mazin H. Al-Hawaz, Basrah Journal of Surgery; 1: 64, 1995.
- Biochemical comparison of human seminal plasma in fertile and Idiopathic infertile males. Lamia M. Al-Namma , Sawsan Y. Al-Kass , and Luay P. Susan, Basrah Journal of Surgery; 1: 59: 1995.
- The incidence and composition of urinary stones in southern Iraq. Lamia. Al-Namaa, Luay P. Susan, Yasin A. Baqir , Hikmat A. Rasoul and Mustafa A. Al-Khaddar, Saudi. Med. Journal; 8: 456, 1987.
- Transpubic repair of membranous urethral stricture. Luay P. Susan and Hikmat A. Rasoul, The Journal of the Faculty of Medicine (Baghdad); 25: 89,1983.
- Continent non-refluxing ileal bladder. Luay P. Susan, Hikmat A. Rasoul and Ramzy P. Attisha, The Journal of the Faculty of Medicine (Baghdad); 25: 81, 1983.
- Reactions to iodinated contrast media. Luay P. Susan, The Medical Journal of Basrah University; 5: 121, 1982.
- Tapered ileal ureter in severe renal damage. Luay P. Susan, Hikmat A. Rasoul and Waddeh Al-Badir, The Medical Journal of Basrah University; 5: 71, 1982.
- Palatal metastasis in renal cell carcinoma. James D. Daughtry, Luay P. Susan, Ralph A. Straffon and Bruce H. Stewart, Urology; 13: 304,1979.
- Mortality and morbidity of bilateral nephrectomy; analysis of 305 cases. E. Yarematsu, Luay P. Susan, and Lynn Banowsky, Urology; 12: 55,1978.
- Avascular necrosis following renal transplantation. Luay P. Susan, William E. Braun and Lynn H. Banowsky, Urology; 11: 225, 1978.
- Ruptured human renal allograft; pathogenesis and management. Luay P. Susan, William E. Braun and Lynn H. Banowsky, Urology; 11: 53, 1978.
- Delayed calyceal cutaneous fistula after renal transplantation. Luay P. Susan, James D. Daughtry and William E. Braun, Cleveland Clinic Quarterly; 45: 287,1978.
- A case of giant pheochromocytoma. James D. Daughtry, Luay P. Susan, Ralph A. Straffon and Bruce H. Stewart, Journal of Urology; 118: 840, 1977.
- Ileal conduit and cystectomy; a 10-year retrospective study. James D. Daughtry, Luay P. Susan, Bruce H.Stewart and Ralph A.Straffon Journal of Urology; 118: 556, 1977
- Regression of cancer metastasis by high dose of diethylstilbestrol diphosphate. Luay P. Susan, Robert J. Marsh and William C. Adkins, Urology ; 7: 598,1976.
- Phenolization of bladder in treatment of massive intractable hematuria. Luay P. Susan and Robert J. Marsh , Urology; 5: 119, 1975.
- Compete duplication of urethra. Luay P. Susan, Robert J. Marsh and Anthony F. Kaminsky, Urology ;5: 390, 1975.
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/13/2017, Dr. Susan has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
120 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||4.8|
|Knows Medical History||4.6|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.6|
2 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Oct 18, 2017
Reviewed on Jan 18, 2017
Very good experience!
© 2018 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.