Treatment & Services
- Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
- Autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Cancer Center
- General Hematology
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Aplastic Anemia
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- Hairy Cell Leukemia
- Hematologic Malignancies
- Hodgkin's Disease
- Multiple Myeloma
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - University of Chicago Hospitals
Chicago, IL USA
Residency - University Hospitals of Cleveland
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - University Hospitals of Cleveland
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical School - Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
Cleveland, OH USA
Undergraduate - Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, OH USA
- Principal investigator or co-investigator of several protocols for the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research
- Principal investigator or co-investigator on many protocols regarding hematopoietic stem cell transplantation or other therapies for hematologic malignancies at Cleveland Clinic
- Research interests have included analyses of killer immunoglobulin-like receptors (KIR) in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, reduced-intensity conditioning approaches for allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, and umbilical cord blood transplantation
- Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine - Hematology
Leukemia, hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, hematologic malignancies, drug development, clinical trials, cancer, lymphoma, myelodysplasia, multiple myeloma, myeloma
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Southwest Oncology Group
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 1/26/2017, Dr. Sobecks has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
75 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||5|
|Time Spent with Patient||5|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||5|
4 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Aug 31, 2017
Saved my life. What else can I say?
Reviewed on Jun 5, 2017
There has very good follow up ongoing questions and concerns
Reviewed on Apr 24, 2017
Consistently pleasant and friendly staff.
Reviewed on Nov 14, 2016
O really don't have a choice due to my medical condition. I usually go wi th what my Dr says but I do ask alot if questions.
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.