With access to leading-edge diagnostic and treatment resources, as well as a total commitment to family-centered care, our primary care pediatricians and pediatric professionals are well-equipped to diagnose and treat common, everyday illnesses, as well as serious childhood diseases and conditions like cancer, diabetes and congenital heart disease.
For your convenience, our primary care pediatricians see patients in the R Building on Cleveland Clinic's main campus, as well as many convenient locations throughout the Cleveland area and within your community.
- At Cleveland Clinic Children’s, you will receive exceptional care and treatment from a highly committed, compassionate and collaborative team of primary care pediatricians and pediatric specialists.
- Dedicated to ensuring the well-being of newborns, infants, children and adolescents, our primary care pediatricians offer comprehensive general and preventive care, as well as care for children with complex or chronic health issues.
- Rated in the 99th percentile among physicians nationwide.
- Voted among the “Best Doctors in America” by peers, as reported in Cleveland Magazine.
What We Treat
Besides general pediatric care, members of our team have special interests in a number of childhood-related developmental issues, conditions and diseases.
- Acute injuries
- Adolescent alcohol/chemical dependency
- Adolescent care
- Asthma and related disorders
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Behavioral problems
- Birth defects
- Childhood anemias and bleeding disorders
- Childhood literacy
- Childhood weight management
- Complex medical problems
- Common cold
- Digestive disorders in children and teens
- Eating disorders
- Environmental injuries
- General internal medicine
- Infant nutrition
- Infectious disease
- Lead poisoning
- Learning disabilities
- Newborn development
- Pediatric kidney disorders
- Preventive healthcare
- Recurrent ear infections
- Reproductive endocrinology, including menstrual disorders, hirsutism and other hormonal problems
- School difficulties
- Sexuality counseling
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Sore throats
- Sports medicine
- Sleep disorders
- Teen pregnancy prevention
In addition, many pediatric specialists among our team can provide guidance on managing children in foster care and international adoption issues.
Cleveland Clinic Children’s Healthy Living Programs
Healthy eating and physical activity habits are key to your child's well-being. You can take an active role in helping your child - and your whole family - develop healthy eating and physical activity habits that can last a lifetime. Cleveland Clinic Children’s has resources available to parents and kids to help keep them healthy, from FitYouth to BeWell Kids Clinic and more!
A family-centered way of caring for moms, babies, and families
- Small groups of (6-8) parents and same-age infants interacting with their healthcare providers and each other.
- Individual well-child health assessments, immunizations, and developmental screenings.
- Parents’ engagement in their baby’s care: tracking growth, immunizations, etc.
- Group discussions and interactive activities on various topics such as nutrition, development and safety.
- A safe and supportive environment to ask questions and create lifelong bonds between families.
- Appointments that last 2 to 2.5 hours.
Location: Stephanie Tubbs Jones Health Center
For more information and a schedule of visits, call 216.767.4242 and ask for Pediatrics.
Pediatric Hospital Medicine Program
Cleveland Clinic Children's has a team of pediatric hospital medicine specialists available 24/7 for referring physicians and patient families.
Hospitalists are general pediatricians with special expertise in taking care of hospitalized children. A member of our hospitalist team will see your child every day throughout the hospitalization and will answer questions about your child's care daily at the bedside.
Your hospitalist will partner with your child's physician or family doctor to provide medical consultations and on-site hospital rounds throughout your child’s hospital stay 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Child and adolescent patient satisfaction surveys rated the technical skills and personal manner of our pediatricians as high as the 99th percentile among physicians nationwide. Many members of this group have been recognized as “Best Doctors in America” by their peers, more than any other area pediatric group.
- Both same-day urgent and well-child appointments
- Discounted parking vouchers (Main Campus)
- 24-hour nurse advice line
- Pediatric specialists and Children’s Hospital on site
- Pediatric hospitalists dedicated to inpatient care 24 hours a day
- Convenient community access through local family health centers
- Call: 216.444.KIDS (5437)
- Hours: Monday – Thursday - 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m
Saturday - 8 a.m. to Noon
Sunday - select morning hours
- Specific locations: See list below
- Toll Free: 800.801.2273
- Online: Send us an email
- Online: Make an appointment
- Walk-in Sore Throat Clinics - No appointment needed for existing Cleveland Clinic Children's patients
Note: Appointments are available for your child's yearly physical. Same-day appointments are also available if you have a question or are concerned about your child's health. Please call us at one of the locations listed below.
Parking at Main Campus is available in the East 100th Street garage, and we will validate your parking ticket so that you receive a discount.
Patient Centered Medical Home
Patient-centered medical home is a model of care where patients have a direct relationship with a provider who coordinates a cooperative team of healthcare, whether you’re being seen at the doctor’s office, if you become hospitalized or recuperating at home, through ongoing preventative care.
We have created a “Patient-Centered Medical Home” in Pediatrics as well as the Medicine Institute to enhance your family’s experience with the healthcare system, or chronic disease prevention and management.
- Learn more how the team can also address many of the concerns and questions you have about your or your child’s health.
Parent’s Guide to Pediatric Primary Care
Cleveland Clinic Children’s offers an exceptional staff of pediatricians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners who use state of the art resources to deliver the best possible care for newborns, infants, children and teens.
To ensure healthy growth and to track proper development, our pediatric providers recommend the American Academy of Pediatrics schedule of well-care visits and immunizations for your child.
Download our Parent Guide for additional recommendations on what to expect from your pediatrician through all phases of your child’s development.
Looking for a pediatrician?
Let us help you find the right one for you and your family with our find a doctor tool. It’s easy to search our 100+ pediatricians at over 40+ convenient locations throughout Northeast Ohio.