Dental bonding is a procedure in a tooth-colored resin material is bonded to the teeth. This procedure is used to repair teeth, change their shape, or close gaps between them.
What is dental bonding?
Dental bonding is a method used to restore or improve a person’s smile.
What features of a smile can dental bonding fix?
Dental bonding can be used to:
- Repair decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- Repair chipped or cracked teeth
- Improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- Close spaces between teeth
- Make teeth look longer
- Change the shape of teeth
- Replace amalgam (ie, silver) fillings (ie, a cosmetic alternative)
- Protect a portion of the tooth's root that has been exposed when gums recede (move toward the root of the tooth).