Why does the Intragastric Balloon cause weight loss?
- Reduces the amount of food you can eat
- Increases the feeling of being fuller longer
- Designed to fit comfortably in the stomach
- Managed weight loss system team of experts
How is the Intragastric Balloon procedure performed?
The Intragastric Balloon System is implanted in the stomach via a 30-minute minimally invasive endoscopic outpatient procedure while the patient is under mild sedation. Once in place, the balloon device is inflated with a sterile solution. The balloon partially fills the stomach to provide a feeling of satiety.
Am I candidate for the Intragastric Balloon procedure?
You could be a candidate if:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You have a Body Mass Index (BMI) between 30-40
- You are willing to participate in a medically managed program