Why does the intragastric balloon cause weight loss?
- Reduces the amount of food you can eat.
- Increases the feeling of being fuller longer.
- Designed to fit comfortably in the stomach.
- Managed weight loss system team of experts.
How is the intragastric balloon procedure performed?
The intragastric balloon system is implanted in the stomach via a 30-minute minimally invasive endoscopic outpatient procedure while the patient is under mild sedation. Once in place, the balloon device is inflated with a sterile solution. The balloon partially fills the stomach to provide a feeling of satiety.
Am I candidate for the intragastric balloon procedure?
You could be a candidate if:
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You have a Body Mass Index (BMI) between 30-40.
- You are willing to participate in a medically managed program.