Cleveland Clinic Art Program was established in 2006 with the mission to enrich, inspire and enliven patients, visitors, employees and community, and to embody the core values of the institution.
The Art Program is responsible for selecting new art acquisitions, acting in an advisory capacity to the Aesthetics Committee and the Philanthropy Institute to assist with donations of artworks, and providing services ranging from installation to inventory and upkeep of the collection. In addition, the Art Program curates and organizes exhibitions and related educational programming.
The collection includes works by local, national and international artists in all media. The collection of over 6,300 works of fine art is dispersed throughout Cleveland Clinic in public spaces, hallways, and patient rooms. Included are major site-specific commissions and a diverse collection of Modern and Contemporary Art.
Art Program Projects include:
- Commissions of site-specific works of art for Miller Family Pavilion, Glickman Tower, Hillcrest Hospital, Marymount Hospital, and other areas
- An Art Exhibition Area on Main Campus between Q and G Buildings which features several shows each year as well as occasional public programs
- An Audio Art Tour showcasing 35 works from the collection with commentary
- An “Art Break” Cell Phone Tour available for visitors at regional facilities to enjoy specific works of art in key locations
- Art Ambassador Tours that give patients, visitors and staff a personal guide to the artwork on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Art in the Afternoon Tours that are specially-designed for individuals with memory loss and their care partners offered seasonally and by appointment
- A Video Loop of over 120 artworks paired with music available on the Arts & Medicine channel 44 and on-demand through patient television
The Art Program consists of Executive Director and Curator, Joanne Cohen; Curators, Jennifer Finkel and Bellamy Printz; Registrar and Assistant Curator, Kathryn Koran; Preparators, Noel Ward and Tim Gaewsky; and Department Coordinators, Meghan Hunter and Kristen McDowell.
For more information about the Art Program, email email@example.com or call 216.448.0232.