Cleveland Clinic Art Program was established in 2006 with the mission to enrich, inspire and enliven patients, visitors, employees and community, and to embody the core values of the institution.
The Art Program is responsible for selecting new art acquisitions, acting in an advisory capacity to the Aesthetics Committee and the Philanthropy Institute to assist with donations of artworks, and providing services ranging from installation to inventory and upkeep of the collection. In addition, the Art Program curates and organizes exhibitions and related educational programming.
The collection includes works by local, national and international artists in all media. The collection of over 6,500 works of fine art is dispersed throughout Cleveland Clinic in public spaces, hallways, and patient rooms. Included are major site-specific commissions and a diverse collection of Modern and Contemporary Art.
Art Program Projects
- Commissions of site-specific works of art for Miller Family Pavilion, Glickman Tower, Taussig Cancer Center, Hillcrest Hospital, Marymount Hospital, and other areas
- Julia and Larry Pollock Gallery on Main Campus between Q and G Buildings which features several shows each year as well as occasional public programs
- CC AR+ App featuring the Clinic's world-class art and architecture at 9 Cleveland Clinic facilities across the globe through images, videos and more
- Audio Art Tour showcasing 35 works from the collection with commentary from artists and curators
- “Art Break” Cell Phone Tour available for visitors at regional facilities to enjoy specific works of art in key locations
- Art Ambassador Tours that give patients, visitors and staff a personal guide to the artwork on most Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Art in the Afternoon Tours that are specially-designed for individuals with memory loss and their care partners offered seasonally and by appointment
- Video Loop of over 120 artworks paired with music available on the Arts & Medicine channel 44 and on-demand through patient television
The Art Program Team
- Executive Director and Curator: Joanne Cohen
- Curator: Ellen Rudolph
- Art Collections Manager: Kathryn Koran
- Preparators: Jane Baeslach and Sean Merchant
- Department Coordinator: Michelle Kupiec
For more information about the Art Program, email email@example.com or call 216.442.3585.