- Please refer to GME Benefits homepage for detailed information of salary and employment benefits
$1,000 over three years
- Cleveland Clinic GME reimburses clinical trainees at PGY 2 and above a maximum of $1,500 to present at one meeting per year.
- Residents may attend additional local meetings at the discretion of the program director.
- Graduating seniors have the opportunity to attend the week long nationally recognized, Pediatric Board Review free of charge.
American Academy of Pediatrics Membership
AAP membership including the PREP series is provided to all our residents. The program has two resident delegates selected by their peers each year. Program delegates have opportunities to participate in state and national AAP events.
Two libraries are available for resident use in both the outpatient and inpatient locations. Several pediatric textbooks and journals are available as well as computer access.
Cleveland Clinic Alumni Library has a collection of some 10,000 texts, CD-ROMs, audio/videotapes and slides focusing on clinical medicine and the basic sciences, with a sizable collection of pediatric related materials. The Library also subscribes to over 1,200 journals in clinical medicine, nursing, and the basic sciences. Databases available through the Cleveland Clinic Alumni Library include Medline through Ovid, PubMed, UptoDate, Knowledge Finder, Agricola, CancerLit, HealthStar, Info Trac’s Health Reference Center, EBM – Evidence Based Medicine, PsychINFO, and other medically related databases. The Learning Resources Center located in the Alumni Library houses the media collection and the computer lab. Study rooms are available for viewing videotapes, slides, and CD-ROM programs.
The Graduate Medical Education Office and the Pediatric Education Office can provide general information and assistance in securing housing to meet individual needs. The Cleveland area has several nice neighborhoods both east and west of the river. Rental and purchasing prices are extremely affordable and public school systems are incredibly strong. University Circle has home buying incentives available.
Cleveland Clinic offers a comprehensive health plan that covers residents and fellows as well as your immediate family members (spouse and eligible children) at 50 percent of the healthcare premium that all other Cleveland Clinic caregivers pay. Trainees are covered as of their actual start date so long as they completed online enrollment within 31 days of their start date.
Dental insurance is provided to you and your eligible dependents after one year of service (at no cost to you). If you prefer to begin your dental coverage immediately, the associated costs would be deducted from each pay (payroll deducted) for the first 12 months.
Cleveland Clinic offers four dental plans (Preventive, Traditional, Dental HMO and Enhanced). After one year of service, the Traditional Dental Plan takes effect (on the first of the month following your anniversary date, at no cost to you). Enrollment in any of the dental plans must be made within 31 days of your actual start date.
You may elect the EyeMed Vision Care Plan (Basic or Enhanced); the cost associated with the election will be deducted from each pay (payroll deduction). The Vision Plan provides you and your dependents with immediate savings on your prescription eyewear (eyeglasses and contact lenses). You have the flexibility to purchase eyewear from your provider of choice, but you will maximize your benefits by using providers who are a part of the EyeMed Vision Care Plan. Routine eye exams and contact lens fitting are not covered under this plan.
Enrollment in the Vision Care Plan must be made within 31 days of your actual start date; otherwise, you must wait until the annual Open Enrollment period.
(Long term) Paid for by Cleveland Clinic for Residents/Fellows in Clinical Training.
Maternity/Paternity: Medical Coverage
100% coverage is provided through your health plan, within the plan’s guidelines. See “time away” below regarding leave coverage.
Resident malpractice insurance is paid for by Cleveland Clinic Educational Foundation and includes tail coverage. Liability coverage is limited to activities within the training program.
A $1,200 interest free loan is available to all house staff who receives a salary from Cleveland Clinic available through the GME office.
- Vacation: 3 weeks (15 paid working days) per year.
- Maternity Leave: Cleveland Clinic Graduate Medical Education policy provides 6 weeks-paid leave for vaginal childbirth or adoption; 8 weeks for cesarean section. Trainees may take additional time off, unpaid, up to a maximum of 12 weeks under FMLA.
- Paternity Leave: Cleveland Clinic Graduate Medical Education policy provides 2 weeks paid leave (10 working days). Trainees may take additional time off, unpaid, up to a maximum of 12 weeks under FMLA.
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) entitles all employees up to 12 weeks off, unpaid, after one year of employment. See Graduate Physicians Manual for further information.
Due to your specialty Board’s requirements, you may need to make up part or all of your leave time prior to program completion.
- Anatomy Laboratory
- Simulation Lab
- Editorial Assistance
- Research Project Posters free of charge
- Active House Staff Association
- House Staff Spouse Association Funding
- Housing Information
- Discounts on Eyeglasses or Contacts
- Free Notary Service
- On-site daycare