Cleveland Clinic Children’s Center for Adolescent Medicine provides preventive and specialized care for children, adolescents and young adults ages 10-22 years. Our specialists perform routine gynecologic and specialized reproductive care (period problems, gynecologic nonsurgical needs, comprehensive counseling, gender identity issues), including reproductive care for youth with chronic or complex medical conditions. Our physicians also provide medical management for eating disorders and obesity. In addition to treating adolescents, our services also extend to children younger than age 10 years old with eating disorders, problems of puberty, menstrual disorders or other challenges.
Our Adolescent Medicine physicians are dedicated to providing quality, evidence-based care for all of our patients. Services are offered at Cleveland Clinic main campus, Hillcrest Hospital, Stephanie Tubbs Jones Family Health Center and Fairview Westown Physician Center.
- Cleveland Clinic Children's consistently ranks among the top children's hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
- Our Adolescent Medicine physicians are among the best in the country. We utilize a multidisciplinary team approach to help coordinate and improve care for your child. Our team consists of: pediatricians/adolescent medicine experts, psychologists, psychiatrists, dieticians, social workers and other pediatric subspecialties, as needed.
Why Choose Us for Your Child's Care?
What We Treat
We treat and care for patients who are diagnosed with, or who require care for the following:
- Androgen Insensitivity
- Birth Control/Contraception
- Body Image Problems
- Bone Health Problems
- Breast Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Gender Identity Disorders
- Menstrual Disorders and Management
- Obesity Problems
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Preventative Medicine
- Prevention of Teen Pregnancy
- Problems of Growth and Development
- Problems of Puberty
- Routine Gynecological Care
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Smoking and Vaping Cessation
- Substance Abuse
- Vaginitis and Vaginal Issues
- Reproductive Healthcare: All issues of reproductive healthcare, including insertion of long-acting reversible contraceptives, menstrual manipulation and puberty issues are addressed.
- Eating Disorders: We provide medical evaluation and treatment for children, adolescents and young adults ages 5-22 years old. Dietitians and therapists partner with our team to offer this specialized, expert care.
- Gender Understanding, Identity and Expression (GUIDE) Program: The GUIDE Program provides an evaluation and a wide range of support and intervention for youth (childhood through adolescent years) who are gender questioning, gender non-confirming, gender fluid, transgender or who are struggling with other issues around their gender. This multidisciplinary program is a collaboration of adolescent medicine, pediatric endocrinology, pediatric psychology, pediatric psychiatry and bioethics.
- Obesity: Evaluations are performed by our Adolescent Medicine providers and scheduled follow-ups are provided by certified dietitians. Additionally, protein sparing modified fasting is available for highly motivated patients.
We use a state-of-the-art, evidence based, multidisciplinary approach in treating our adolescent patients. In this way, as a parent, you know we are using all of our resources and knowledge to ensure we are treating and caring for your child at every level.
Our team consists of:
- Pediatricians/Adolescent Medicine experts
- Social workers
What is Adolescent Medicine?
- North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Reproductive Health Access Project
- Birth control information
- UCSF Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health
Teen Mental Health
- Mindfulness programming for youth
- PsyberGuide: Tools for Mental Health Support
- Department of Public Health & Research
- Your Teen For Parents Magazine: Articles, podcasts and webinars that are immensely useful for youth and their families.
- Life Skills Education: Educational activities to build life skills in day to day activities.
- Supporting Students Away from School: Resources and guidance for educators and families to support home learning through grade 8.
- How to Homeschool for Free During a School Closure: Ideas, resources, materials and more for homeschooling preparation.
- Khan Academy for Remote Learning: Free resources for students, teachers and parents for youth from kindergarten through college.
- Virtual Park Tours & Programs: Visit national parks and join ranger programs via virtual tours.