What Makes Our Program Unique
- A small class of 32 students a year allows close mentoring from a faculty culled from more than 3,500 Cleveland Clinic staff physicians and scientists.
- The interactive learning environment will help you refine your skills as a team learner and critical thinker. You will apply knowledge through problem-based learning (PBL), seminars, problem sets, electronic-based curriculum and labs.
- You won’t receive comprehensive exams or grades. Rather, we rely on competency-based assessments and a portfolio system.
- The five-year curriculum includes a 12-month master's level research thesis requirement.
- You will have access to graduate courses during substantial time allotted for independent study.
- You will have the chance to pursue a master's level degree (MS, MPH, MA) in addition to your medical degree.
- You will graduate with an “MD with Special Qualification in Biomedical Research” from CWRU.
- You will have both a physician advisor and a research advisor who work with you to help ensure successful progress through the program.
- You will learn in a clinical setting with real patients under the supervision of your own longitudinal preceptor during years 1 and 2.
- All students receive a full tuition scholarship.
View pdfs of year to year curriculum, calendars and our dynamic student match map.
Learn More About Our Academic Model
CCLCM students use portfolios to document performance, fostering a non-competitive, collaborative learning environment.
We believe that students learn best through interactive approaches, applying newly acquired knowledge and teaching their peers.