CCLC Faculty Development Series
The Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine (CCLCM) of Case Western Reserve University is launching a new Faculty Development Series. The aim of the series is to support and provide professional development for the 900 faculty that teach third-year students during their clerkship year.
The Faculty Development Series is open to all faculty that seek support in developing, using and assessing effective instructional strategies. We hope that each series course will provide a forum for exploration and foster a teaching community of practice.
- Who should attend? Over 900 Faculty that teach third-year students.
- How will faculty members attend? Events will be virtual over Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
- What will be discussed? The series consists of ten 50-minute synchronous sessions and 1 online asynchronous module. Each live session will be offered twice each year. The series features 8 core sessions and 3 that are specific to education settings
- Will CME credit be offered for attendance? Yes.
Please note: Participants will be eligible to get a certificate of completion after participating in a minimum of 8 total sessions. It is recommended that they complete the 8 core sessions and also the session(s) relevant to the settings in which they engage with students.
InSight: March 2021
Highlights of this issue:
CCLC Course Topic Overview
|Creating an Effective Learning Environment||May 25, 2021, 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.|
|Observation and Verbal Feedback||TBA|
|Formative and Summative Assessment||May 11, 2021, Noon - 1 p.m.|
|Outpatient||June 8, 2021, Noon - 1 p.m.|
|Addressing Mistreatment and Developing Strategies to Improve the Learning Environment|| Aug. 6, 2021, 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
Oct. 29, 2021, Noon - 1 p.m.
|Resources for Faculty
(For example: Where to find rubrics for each discipline)
Please note: This will be an online module
October 14, 2021, 5:30 p.m.- 6:30 p.m.
|Optimizing the Longitudinal Relationship for Learning
|Teaching Case Presentations to Advance Health Equity||TBA|
|Practical Skills To Support Students Facing Microaggressions||TBA|
The Faculty Experience
- Sessions will have a learner-centric approach to engage faculty learners.
- Participants will be encouraged to participate and ask questions!
- Participants will be provided with a reference sheet to support their learning until their next course session.
How Do I Register?
To register, please visit the Faculty Development series in MyLearning and confirm your final course dates and times.