Faculty RolesTo get help finding a Faculty role that is right for you, explore the new Faculty Role app.
Cleveland Clinic Longitudinal Clerkship Faculty Development Series
The Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine (CCLCM) of Case Western Reserve University’s Longitudinal Clerkship Faculty Development Series aims to support and provide professional development for the 900 faculty that teach third-year students during their clerkship year.
The Faculty Development Series is open to all faculty that seek support in developing, using and assessing effective instructional strategies. We hope that each series course will provide a forum for exploration and foster a teaching community of practice.
- Who should participate? If you are one of the 900 Faculty that teach third-year students.
- How will faculty members attend? Events will be virtual over Zoom or Microsoft Teams or in-person if you attend the CCLC Faculty Development Day (February, 14, 2023).
- What will be discussed? The series feature eight-core sessions on enhancing your teaching effectiveness in the third-year within the three specific clinical education settings.
- Will CME credit be offered for attendance? Yes.
Please note: Participants will be eligible to get a certificate of completion after participating in a minimum of 8 total sessions. It is recommended that they complete the 8 core sessions and also the session(s) relevant to the settings in which they engage with students. Participants can take all eight courses in one day and earn the certificate in the fall through the CCLC Faculty Development Day option or via the spring offerings.
Cleveland Clinic Longitudinal Clerkship Course Topic Overview.
|Creating an Effective Learning Environment||April 11, 2023, Noon - 1 p.m.|
|Observation and Verbal Feedback||April 25, 2023, Noon - 1 p.m.|
|Formative and Summative Assessment||April 4, 2023, Noon - 1 p.m.|
|Ambulatory Teaching and Clinical Learning Environment||May 2, 2023, Noon - 1 p.m.|
|Addressing Mistreatment and Developing Strategies to Improve the Learning Environment||April 18, 2023, Noon - 1 p.m.|
|Teaching Case Presentations to Advance Health Equity||May 30, 2023, Noon - 1 p.m.|
|Practical skills to support students Facing Microaggressions||May 16, 2023, Noon - 1 p.m.|
|Teaching Multiple Levels of Learners||June 6, 2023, Noon - 1 p.m.|
|Optimizing the Longitudinal Relationship for Learning||May 9, 2023, Noon - 1 p.m.|
|CCLC Faculty Development Day (In-Person)
One-Day Certificate Option
|February, 14, 2023, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
The Faculty Experience
- Sessions will have a learner-centric approach to engage faculty learners.
- Participants will be encouraged to participate and ask questions!
- Participants will be provided with a reference sheet to support their learning until their next course session.