Our hospital features advanced diagnostics and our staff provides personalized and compassionate care. Hospital physicians use a collaborative approach to healthcare and work as a team with specialists in over 35 fields of medicine to maximize your treatment outcomes.
Helpful information on everything from admissions to transportation will facilitate your stay at Cleveland Clinic Florida.
Frequently Called Numbers
- Admitting: 954.689.5000
- Appointment Center-Access Plus: 954.659.5124 or 877.463.2010
- Cleveland Clinic Operator: 954.689.5000
- Environmental Services: 954.689.5965
- Department of Patient Relations: 954.689.5545
- Patient Information: 954.659.5000
- Patient Valuables Lost and Found: 954.659.5030
- Case Management: 954.689.5719
Our admissions staff makes every effort to expedite the admissions process and accommodate special requests. They welcome patients when they walk through the doors and they are available to assist with wheelchairs, directions, and patient room information. If you are to be admitted, please bring a photo ID and your insurance card to expedite the admissions process.
Cleveland Clinic Florida has a philosophy of open and flexible patient visitation that encourages and welcomes the involvement of family members and significant others. Recommended visiting hours are posted on each unit.
To provide each patient with a quiet restful environment, please follow these guidelines for visitation:
- No more than two visitors at one time. Please ask your guests to be sensitive to the needs of all hospitalized patients.
- Children under the age of 10 can visit between noon and 8 p.m., but must be accompanied by an adult. The patient must not be in charge of any children.
Visitation in Intensive Care Units
Please call the Intensive Care Units listed below for the visiting hours of each unit. The number of visitors and the length of visits are limited in these units. Visitation is limited between the hours of 6:45 a.m. - 8 a.m. and 6:45 p.m. - 8 p.m., during our nursing staff shift change.
If a patient is critically ill or requires language assistance, overnight visitation is permitted (for one visitor). Arrangements for overnight visitation must be made in advance with the charge nurse on your nursing unit.
I.C.U. and M.I.C.U. - 954.689.5200
C.V.I.C.U. or S.I.C.U. - 954.689.5220
What to Bring
- Inhaler. If you have asthma and your physician has directed you to use one.
- Hearing aids and dentures (don’t wrap them in a napkin or put them on your meal tray).
- Glasses, preferably not contacts. If contact lenses must be worn, bring your lens case and solution.
- A list of current medications, including over-the-counter medications.
What to Leave at Home
- A lot of clothing. Closet space is limited.
- Jewelry (including body piercings)
- Money and credit/debit cards
- Cell phones and wireless computer devices. These may be used only in non-patient care areas.
- Laptop computers. They cannot be stored safely if you are away from your room for testing procedures.
Note: In order to promote efficient communication among members of the team, our physicians and nurses use special communication devices that do not interfere with medical equipment.
Cleveland Clinic is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles, including but not limited to, clothing, jewelry, money, credit/debit cards, glasses, contact lenses, dentures, hearing aids, cell phones, wireless computer devices, and laptop computers.
The Security Office provides 24-hour security in every area of our campus. For emergencies, dial 659 from any hospital phone. For non-emergencies, call 954.659.5025.
Wheelchairs are available for use on Cleveland Clinic's campus at the hospital and clinic entrances. You may ask your Patient Relations Representative or any of the volunteers at our information desk for assistance. Call 954.689.5000 for additional information.
Your Patient Relations Representative
Hospital staff and volunteers are positioned throughout Cleveland Clinic Florida, to offer assistance and directions to you and your visitors.
Your Patient Relations Representative will enhance your experience at Cleveland Clinic and serve as a resource to you and your loved ones. With the ability to assist with any non-medical needs, your Patient Relations Representative will work with your healthcare team to find answers to your questions and provide solutions to any issues you might have.
The Patient Relations Representative is only a phone call away, and can assist with a variety of functions during your stay, such as:
- They can act as an advocate and a liaison, ensuring communication between your health care team, doctors, nurses, patient care technicians, environmental services, case managers, and more.
- They can assist in obtaining pastoral services, local hotel accommodations for your loved ones, and transportation services.
- They can work with meal services to ensure that your food preferences are known.
- They can assist in arranging follow-up appointments, and in filling your discharge prescriptions.
Communicating With Your Healthcare Team
Please designate one family member as the contact person for communication from your primary physician, nurses and other healthcare providers.
No Smoking Policy
Because we care about your health and the health of all of our patients, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Cleveland Clinic campus.
Public parking is located on both sides of the Hospital and Clinic sides of the campus. We can assist you and your visitors with locating cars and with jump-starting cars. Call 954.659.5025 for assistance.
Standard taxis are dispatched through 954.777.7777 and wheelchair cabs through 954.565.2800.
If you are arriving by air, the closest airports to Cleveland Clinic Florida are the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (30 minutes), Miami International Airport (1 hour) and Palm Beach International Airport (1 hour). The clinic is also near Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (25 minutes).
Go Airport Shuttle will bring you to Cleveland Clinic from the Fort Lauderdale Airport. Call two days before your flight leaves or look for the Airport Express desk outside the baggage claim areas: 954.561.8888.
Super Shuttle will also bring you to Cleveland Clinic or your hotel from the Miami International Airport. No reservation is necessary. Look for their blue and yellow vans outside the baggage claim area or call 954.764.1700.
Cleveland Clinic is located on bus route 23 (from Sawgrass Mills Mall and Pembroke Lakes Mall). For schedules, please call Broward County Transit at 954.357.8400.
Broward County Paratransit
For eligible Broward County residents with disabilities, transportation is provided to Cleveland Clinic. Please call 954.357.8400 in order to apply for this service. You make reservations for transportation 24 hours in advance. Rates are subject to change without notice.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Your confidentiality is important to us. We abide by the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy standards. To view a copy of Cleveland Clinic's Notice of Privacy Practices, please ask at the registration desks.
Your Hospital Discharge
In an effort to streamline your discharge process so that you and your loved ones can plan more effectively, our goal is to discharge you at approximately 11 a.m. Please check with your healthcare staff to see if there are any changes to your discharge time. If you are not able to leave the hospital when you are discharged, you are welcome to wait in our comfortable Discharge Lounge.
How do I get access to my medical records at Cleveland Clinic Florida?
After you are discharged or at the end of your care episode, you may request copies of the finalized patient record. Contact Health Information Management 954.689.5000 for more information. Hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. To request information from Cleveland Clinic Florida complete the form below:
- Complete all fields on the authorization form(s) when requesting the release of your records.
- Include a copy of your photo identification with signature.
- If you do not know your Cleveland Clinic medical record number, leave it blank.
- After the form(s) is signed and dated, fax the information to the number indicated at the bottom of the form or mail it to the address indicated.
Cleveland Clinic provides a wide range of services to make your hospital stay as comfortable and convenient as possible.
Case Management/Social Services
The Case Management Department provides assessment and intervention for a range of services in the following major areas:
- Discharge planning, community resource information, patient and family education, identification of psychosocial needs, patient and family education
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Social work services are readily available to all patients, families and significant others as well as staff, to assist with understanding and coping with the social and emotional problems which affect their health.
Services for Patients with Disabilities
Cleveland Clinic Florida offers a variety of services, including sign language interpreters, closed-caption TV converters, and portable Teletype equipment. Please let us know if you need any of these services. For sign language assistant, please contact the nurse in charge of your care or your Patient Relations Representative.
Foreign Language Interpreters
A limited number of volunteer interpreters may be available on a pre-scheduled basis. If possible, please make prior arrangements for this service.
If an interpreter is not available for your language, please have the nurse call Certified Languages International at 800.225.5254.
Pharmacy and Retail Services
Cleveland Clinic Florida offers an out-patient pharmacy where reading materials, toiletries, medication, or small gifts can be purchased. The pharmacy is located on the first floor on the Clinic side of the building.
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Pastoral Care and Worship Services
A chaplain is available to patients and families, including drop-in visits (as time permits) and arranged visits.
Cafeteria and Coffee Shop
A wide variety of tasty and healthy foods are served at the full service Rick Case Automotive Group Cafeteria located on the first floor in between the hospital and clinic, across from Radiology.
Monday through Friday
Breakfast: 7 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Lunch: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Dinner: 4 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
The AutoNation Café is located on the first floor at the Braathen Center. The café offers Starbucks coffee, soups, salads, sandwiches, snacks and smoothies.
Monday through Friday
Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Lunch: 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
We offer many of the amenities that you would find in your own home.
Our Hospital Rooms
Most of our rooms are private with a limited number of semi-private rooms. Our rooms are designed to provide you with maximum comfort and amenities to facilitate the healing process. Rooms are assigned based on the specific needs of each patient.
Our hospital rooms feature attractive cabinets with ample storage and desk space, comfortable furniture and guest seating, connections for laptop, personal computers and other amenities.
Remote-controlled televisions are in every room, as are spacious bathrooms with roll-in showers. Your room is equipped with a color television that carries a wide variety of channels (including a TV guide).
Wi-Fi and Internet Access
Cleveland Clinic offers free wireless access throughout the hospital. Simply connect to Cleveland Clinic's wireless network and accept the free connection agreement.
For each of the three meals daily, our chef prepares specials, which have been specifically created to fit your dietary needs per your physician’s instructions. Sandwiches and salads are available a la carte for your convenience.
As part of our new Catering to You program, our catering associates will visit your room to review the menu with you and take your order for each meal.
Patient Meal Times*
Breakfast: 8 a.m.
Dinner: 5 p.m.
*All times are approximate.