Cleveland Clinic Florida is home to an experienced team of internal medicine physicians (internists). Internists, like family medicine physicians, are primary care doctors. But internists focus on caring for adults, while family medicine physicians also treat children.
We offer a range of services, from preventive care to diagnosing and managing chronic or complex conditions. We oversee your health in all life’s stages by helping you stay connected to the providers and services you need.
Adult Primary Care: Why Choose Cleveland Clinic Florida?
Highlights of our internal medicine program include:
- Team-based approach: Your internal medicine doctor leads a team of nurses and physician assistants who work with pharmacists, radiologists, pathologists and other specialists. Multiple providers collaborate to ensure you receive seamlessly coordinated, comprehensive care.
- Expert team: Cleveland Clinic Florida is home to a fellowship program in internal medicine. Our internists are clinical and academic leaders in their field, training future doctors in the best care practices.
- Specialty care coordination: People with chronic or complex illnesses may need care from multiple specialists. Your internist provides referrals and communicates with your other providers. This ensures all the members of your care team are up to date on your medical history and health risks.
Services We Offer
Your internal medicine team offers:
- Chronic disease management: Diagnosis, treatment and specialist referrals for illnesses such as diabetes, arthritis, congestive heart failure, COPD, obesity and lung disease.
- Mental health services: Screening and referrals for mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression, mood disorders and substance abuse.
- Preoperative assessments: Health risk assessments, disease management and medication modifications to reduce the risk of complications during and after surgery.
- Preventive care: Routine cancer screenings, scheduled immunizations and tests for blood pressure, diabetes and cholesterol. We also offer healthy lifestyle coaching, such as weight management and smoking cessation.
- Transitional care management: Social workers and nurses help coordinate hospice or palliative care, rehabilitation or home care after hospitalization.
South Florida Residency Program
The Department of Internal Medicine is proud to train residents in the fully accredited and successful Internal Medicine Residency Program based at Cleveland Clinic Florida.
- Visit our education page for more information on the Internal Medicine Residency Program.
Appointments & Locations
For locations in Broward, Palm Beach and Indian River counties, call 877.463.2010. For locations near Martin and St. Lucie counties, call 844.630.4968.