At Cleveland Clinic Florida, our geriatricians (doctors for older adults, usually over 65) understand the psychological and physical challenges associated with aging. We help you stay healthy and as independent as possible by providing multispecialty care for common and complex conditions.
We address a wide range of age-related health concerns, including:
- Chronic pain.
- Forgetfulness and dementia.
- Functional decline and need for assistance in daily tasks.
- Neurological disorders.
- Pressure ulcers.
- Unsteady gait and falls.
- Urinary and fecal incontinence.
Primary Care for Older Adults: Why Choose Cleveland Clinic Florida?
At our geriatric medicine program in Weston, you’ll find:
- Skilled team: Our team includes internal medicine physicians who have fellowship training in geriatric medicine. Cleveland Clinic Florida is also home to a fellowship program in geriatric medicine. You receive care from experts focused on the latest treatments in this field.
- Multispecialty care: Geriatricians coordinate care with many other providers at Cleveland Clinic Florida, including neurologists, pulmonologists, cardiologists, pharmacists, urologists and occupational and physical therapists. This team-based approach ensures you receive all the care you need from one source.
- Recognized expertise: Cleveland Clinic Florida's geriatric medicine program is ranked for its expertise and care. This recognition illustrates our commitment to developing new and better ways to deliver the highest quality care to you and improve your outcomes.
Services We Offer
Physicians work with you, your family and other healthcare providers to improve your quality of life. Our services include:
- Durable medical equipment: We connect you to resources for assistive devices, hospital beds, oxygen equipment and other supplies you need to stay safe and mobile.
- Inpatient care coordination: If you need hospitalization, your physician works with your inpatient care team to ensure they’re aware of your medical needs.
- Medication management: Geriatricians work with pharmacists to help you manage multiple medications and provide safe dosages. This management reduces the risk of dangerous drug interactions and overmedication.
- Memory clinic: People with dementia receive a thorough assessment, diagnosis and treatment plan from a geriatrician during a one-hour clinic.
- Mental health screenings: We identify and evaluate mood or personality changes that could indicate depression, anxiety or a neurological disorder.
- Preoperative assessments: We help improve surgical outcomes by assessing your health risks, ensuring chronic diseases are well-managed and planning for postoperative care.
- Transitional care management: We help you transition to the next appropriate care setting after hospitalization. Social workers and nurses coordinate hospice or palliative care, rehabilitation or home care.
Additional services we offer in South Florida include:
- Primary Geriatric Medicine Care.
- Palliative/Hospice Care Inpatient.
- Outpatient Geriatric Assessment.
- Nursing Home Care.
- Home Care Services.