Seating & Wheelchair Clinic
Our multispecialty team at Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital assists children who require special adaptive equipment to improve their positioning and promote functional independence. We customize wheelchairs and other seating devices, building in growth potential to all seating systems.
Team members include:
- physiatrist (pediatric rehabilitation doctor)
- physical therapist
- occupational therapist
- school nurse or teacher
- wheelchair vendor
Our pediatric therapists are:
- familiar with the latest seating and mobility systems
- expert at fitting the child to the wheelchair and the wheelchair to home and school environments
- well-versed in the reimbursement policies of Medicaid and other third-party payers
- specialists in pediatric care and the unique needs of families and children who are seen in this clinic
For more information, please call 216.448.6171.