The Intermediate Care Unit at Cleveland Clinic Children’s is an inpatient unit dedicated to the care of children who require a higher level of care than routine inpatient pediatric care, yet not to the degree of intensity of pediatric critical care. Our intermediate care unit has been developed to provide multidisciplinary subspecialty pediatric care for patients who may require frequent monitoring of vital signs and nursing interventions, but do not require invasive monitoring. This state of the art unit for children with medically complex conditions was designed to enhance patient and caregiver experience.
- 7,703 square feet
- 13 fully renovated private patient rooms with 10 medical gas devices at each patient bed
- Private bathrooms for patients and parents
- Entire footwall is a dry erase marker board and is magnetic allowing patients and parents to draw, write questions, or simply display treasured prints and drawings
- 42” Smart TVs installed in all patient rooms with X-Box gaming system
- Phillips color kinetics provides high-performance LED color-changing lighting projected on the footwall and controlled by patients through the pillow speaker and wall switch
- Home to 30 nursing caregivers, in addition to doctors, nurse practitioners, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, child life specialists, social workers, dietitians, and many others