August 2, 2016
U.S. News & World Report recently released its annual ranking of Best Hospitals and for the first time, Cleveland Clinic Florida has claimed the top spot, ranking #1 in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale market for 2016-2017.
Palm Beach Post – July 27, 2016
The president of Cleveland Clinic Florida it turns out, actually comes from Cleveland. He likes to check the weather there on a phone app and, especially in winter, reflect on the wisdom of living in South Florida.
Survivorship: Life After Cancer
August 30, 2016 | Noon – 1 p.m
Joylene Sutton-Aransevia, ARNP
While fighting cancer, many patients have extensive care and support along with their treatment. Thus, it is common to have new questions and concerns about how to progress once the cancer goes into remission and that care becomes less prevalent. It is important to remember while experiencing doubt and concern after cancer that there are many resources available. Join Joylene Sutton-Aransevia, ARNP in this open webchat to learn more about Survivorship.
Surgical Options for Thyroid Diseases
September 29, 2016 | Noon – 1 p.m
Rosemarie Metzger, MD
Over 20 million Americans have some type of thyroid disorder and suffer from fatigue, sweating, changes in weight and trouble sleeping. Luckily, there are a surgical options available that can help. Join us to speak with a Cleveland Clinic Florida Endocrine Surgeon to learn about the different surgical options for thyroid diseases.
Endocrinology Nursing Symposium
Steps to Success: Getting to the Heart of Diabetes
This activity is designed for nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, physical
therapists and other Allied Health Professionals involved in working
with persons with diabetes.
- Discuss available cardiovascular medications used to treat patients with
diabetes and heart disease
- Describe diabetes as a cardiovascular disease that is linked to heart attacks
- Discuss the use of continuous glucose monitoring in controlling glucose
elevations and low glucose in the patient with diabetes
- State the relationship between obesity and diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- List oral agents and injectable medications for the treatment of type 2 diabetes
- Describe presenting behaviors associated with patient resistance to therapy
- State the types of diabetes, how they are classified and options proven to
- Describe basal/ bolus insulin therapy and how carbohydrate counting and
correction formulas improve glucose readings
- Discuss beneficial exercises for patients with diabetes to improve glucose control
- Describe interventions for eating patterns and exercise regimens to elicit
Date: Saturday, September 10, 2016
Time: 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Location: Cleveland Clinic Florida
David Jagelman Conference Center
2950 Cleveland Clinic Boulevard
Weston, FL 33331
Register online at clevelandcinic.org/EndocrineConference
Please call Sandee McDonald at 954.689.5571 or ext. 65571.