Understanding Your Bill
We know that hospital bills and health insurance claims can be confusing. Having and understanding this information, will allow you to focus on your healthcare needs.
To help you prepare for your visit and to understand your financial obligations, we have created a brochure, which includes the following information:
- Financial review services.
- Pre-registration services.
- Physician referrals as they relate to billing.
- Patient out-of-pocket financial obligations.
- Tips to assuring a smooth billing process.
Download our insurance and billing process brochure.
If you have questions, need to update your insurance information, or would like an itemized statement, please call Customer Services at 1.866.621.6385.
Medicaid and social services support
A Patient Financial Advocate will ask you a few questions to see if you meet the initial requirements. If you do, you will be referred to one of our Medicaid vendors, Human Arc of Ohio or Firstsource Solutions. They will work with you and the state to secure Medicaid coverage.
Please comply with our vendor company and the process so you can remain eligible for Cleveland Clinic financial assistance. In Florida, we do not contract with a Medicaid vendor company, but we do have a representative on site to assist you.
Patients who do not qualify for HCAP or Medicaid will next be considered under the Cleveland Clinic financial assistance policy.
How to Pay Your Bill
Cleveland Clinic patients can pay their bill online, by phone or by mail, as well as in person at certain Cleveland Clinic locations.
We also offer additional options for patients who need help paying their bill, including financial assistance, payment plans and the ability to speak with our Patient Financial Advocates.
Pay Your Bill Online
- Pay Your Bill as a Guest: Patients can view their statements and pay electronically through our guest payment option in MyChart.
- Pay Your Bill with MyChart: Patients can now view their statements and pay electronically in MyChart, offering a secure option for managing your account that is available 24/7.
- Pay Your Bill at Indian River Hospital: If you are a patient at Indian River Hospital, you can use our online quick payment option.
- Pay Your Bill at Martin Health: If you are a patient at one of our Martin Health facilities, you can use our online quick payment option.
- Pay Your Bill with MyChart at Martin Health: Patients can view their statements and pay electronically in MyChart.
Pay Your Bill by Phone
Patients can also make a payment on their bill by using our automated phone system 24/7 at 1.866.621.6385.
Make sure you have your account number ready.
Pay Your Bill by Mail
Patient Financial Services sends monthly statements to patients for services rendered. If you prefer to mail a payment, send to:
P.O. BOX 89410
Cleveland, Ohio 44101-6410
Cleveland Clinic Health System's policy is to provide Emergency Care and Medically Necessary Care on a non-profit basis to patients without regard to race, creed, or ability to pay. Patients who do not have the means to pay for services provided at CCHS facilities may request financial assistance, which will be awarded subject to the terms and conditions set forth below. The eligibility criteria for financial assistance pursuant to the following policies are intended to ensure that CCHS will have the financial resources to provide care to patients who are in the greatest financial need.
Our financial assistance policies are only applicable to their intended location and do not apply to all CCHS facilities.
Medicare is health insurance for people who:
- Are age 65 or older.
- Are under the age of 65 with certain disabilities.
- Have end-stage renal disease.
There are four different parts of Medicare that provide coverage for specific types of services, including:
- Medicare Part A provides coverage for inpatient (hospital) care.
- Medicare Part B provides coverage for outpatient and other medical visits.
- Medicare Part C is an alternate option for medicare benefits from a private health plan.
- Medicare Part D provides prescription drug coverage.
Other Helpful Resources
Comprehensive Hospital Charges
The information provided below is a comprehensive list of charges provided by our hospital, also known as a chargemaster or CDM. The hospital’s charges are the same for all patients, but a patient’s responsibility may vary, depending on payment plans negotiated with individual health insurance companies and a patient’s out of pocket responsibility (i.e. deductible, co-insurance, copays, etc.). Uninsured or underinsured patients should consult with our patient financial advocates to determine whether they qualify for discounts. Please bear in mind that few patients will pay the charge amount listed because of insurance coverage.
- View the comprehensive hospital charges at Cleveland Clinic Florida locations
- View frequently asked questions
**Disclaimer: Cleveland Clinic Florida makes no guarantees regarding the accuracy of the pricing information provided herein. The pricing information provided by this website is strictly an estimate of prices, and Cleveland Clinic Florida cannot guarantee the accuracy of any estimates. All estimates are based on information provided by a prospective patient and do not include, among other things, any unforeseen complications, additional tests or procedures, and non-hospital related charges, any of which may increase the ultimate cost of the services provided. Any prospective patient should understand that a final bill for services rendered at Cleveland Clinic Florida may differ substantially from the information provided by this website, and Cleveland Clinic Florida shall not be liable for any inaccuracies. The service bundle information is a non-personalized estimate of costs that may be incurred by the patient for anticipated services and that actual costs will be based on services actually provided to the patient.
** If you would like to compare our charges to other providers please visit the following sites: