The Endocrinology Diabetes and Metabolism department offers Voluntary Visiting Research Positions that start on January and July of every Year. The duration of the program is 6 months to 2 years. There is no funding at the moment; however there is financial coverage for educational, materials, presentations, conferences and publications.
- Education in Clinical Research methodology
- Assist the department with ongoing research projects, studies, manuscripts and/or chapter/textbook writing.
- Participate in research meetings, seminars, journal clubs, symposiums and professional society meetings.
Prerequisite Educational Level or Credentials
- Recent medical graduates, residents, physicians and scientist interested in conducting basic science and clinical research in the field of Endocrinology.
Description of Program
(may include research projects, conferences and meetings)
- The term of Voluntary Visiting research will be a minimum of 6 months and might be extended to 2 years. This is a Clinical Research Program. The visiting researcher and Supervisor will decide on the projects that will be completed.
- During the program at Cleveland Clinic Florida, candidates will demonstrate proficiency in the varied aspects of basic of clinical research including study design, IRB compliance, data collection, data analysis, statistics, oral presentation and manuscript preparation.
- The Visiting Researcher will be responsible for a minimum of one study to be completed for presentation at a local, regional, national or international research or professional society meeting and/or submission for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
- This program provides a wide diversity of clinical research possibilities in our field, including: Diabetes, thyroid, adrenal, bone and pituitary disease.
Level of Supervision
- The Visiting researcher will work under the direction of Jose Cabral, MD, Program Director and might also be supervised by department staff physicians: Pascual Desantis, MD, Vineeth Mohan, MD, Tessey Jose,MD, Sandra Williams, MD and Susan Boston, MD.
Department of Endocrinology
Attn:; Lorna Lewis
Cleveland Clinic Florida
2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd.
Weston, FL 33331