The department of Emergency Medicine offers a Visiting Research positions typically lasting for a period of one year. Cleveland Clinic will provide access to research facilities, libraries and electronic health records and cover expenses for presentations at conferences, Currently, there is no monetary stipend available.
Goals and Objectives:
- Advancing academics and research in the field of emergency medicine.
- Initiate original research in areas of emergency medicine that would improve understanding of patient behavior, diagnostic protocols, treatment modalities or patient outcomes in the acute setting.
- Present case repots regarding interesting pathologies or unusual presentations of acute illness/injury for journal submission or conference presentation.
- Assist in educating medical students regarding research and the specialty of emergency medicine.
Prerequisite Educational Level or Credentials
- Recent medical graduates, residents, physicians and scientist interested in conducting basic science and clinical research in the field of Emergency medicine.
- Diploma from and accredited allopathic or Osteopathic medical school.
- USMLE scores of 200 or higher on Step 1 and Step 2Ck.
- Eligible for Florida Limited License (expense Covered by Cleveland Clinic Florida).
Description of Program
- During the visiting research program at Cleveland Clinic in Florida candidates will demonstrate proficiency in the varied aspects of basic of clinical research including study design, IRB compliance, data collection, data analysis, statistics, oral presentation, and manuscript preparation.
- The researchers will be responsible for a minimum of one study to be completed for presentation at a professional society meeting and/or submission for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
Department of Emergency Medicine
Attn: Lorna Lewis
Cleveland Clinic Florida
2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd.
Weston, FL 33331
For more information or if you are interested in applying for the Research Fellowship please contact Graduate Medical Education via email. Please include your Curriculum Vitae (CV) if you are responding via email.