Why support Cleveland Clinic Weston?
Your gift goes far at Cleveland Clinic Weston. Here’s why:
- Top hospital: Weston Hospital is ranked No. 1 in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale metro area and No. 5 in Florida by U.S. News & World Report. We continue to deliver recognized, community-focused care.
- Global impact: Donors like you enable pioneering research and brilliant healthcare breakthroughs right here in South Florida. We share our work with the world, so your gift has a far-reaching impact.
- Critical care leader: Cleveland Clinic’s Weston campus is the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care. This means we provide critical care to the sickest patients. Your support helps us continue this vital service.
Your gift brings world-class healthcare home
Your donation helps us achieve our top philanthropic priorities now and for decades to come:
- Outpatient clinical and surgical expansion: We plan to enhance the standard of care at our outpatient and ambulatory surgical centers. Improvements will include adding endoscopic spine surgery, new and upgraded operating rooms and expanded laboratory testing services.
- Cancer Institute: The Maroone Cancer Center will offer next-generation radiation oncology services for better accuracy when treating hard-to-reach tumors. We will also acquire a pharmacy robot to handle and prepare cancer drugs with greater safety and speed.
- Neuroscience Institute: Your support will add new treatment technology, such as robotic surgery and a stereotactic surgery system for brain tumors and other neurological diseases. We will also create more rooms for diagnostic services, such as neurological and sleep studies.
- Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute: We plan to invest in leading-edge technology to enhance services in our cardiac catheterization lab. Adding a 3D cardiac mapping system and a laser generator will help us improve speed, accuracy and outcomes.
- Nurse education and clinical workforce development: To address the national nursing shortage and better serve our communities, we will offer annual nursing scholarships, externships and specialty training programs. These opportunities, combined with our highly competitive health benefits package, will help us recruit and retain skilled caregivers.
- Transplant Center: Cleveland Clinic Florida’s Transplant Center will continue to be one of the leading institutes for heart, liver and kidney transplantation in South Florida. Philanthropic support helps us meet the ever-increasing needs of transplant recipients and their families, such as lodging, transportation, medications, insurance premiums, perfusion and other vital services.
- Florida Research and Innovation Center: With your support, South Florida will become a national research epicenter that fuels groundbreaking discoveries and treatments for emerging infectious diseases and cancer.
Special events are an important part of our fundraising efforts. They are opportunities to support critical healthcare initiatives at our local hospitals. Individual and corporate sponsorships are a great way to get involved and fund vital services and programs within our communities.
Cleveland Clinic Florida Ball
The Cleveland Clinic Florida Ball raises funds for the expansion of medical services and programs for Cleveland Clinic patients in South Florida and beyond. Every year, we celebrate pursuing excellence in healthcare as a community, which ensures access to world-class care, the latest technology, the recruitment of prominent physicians, and caregiver training programs. The black-tie event features a cocktail reception, an elegant dinner, and live entertainment and dancing.
Board of Directors
As stewards of the community's investment in Cleveland Clinic Weston Hospital, the foundation staff and board of directors work collectively. We nurture relationships with individuals and organizations that support our mission to provide the highest quality care to our patients. Ensuring that local facilities keep pace with technology as well as the evolving needs of the communities we serve, is our highest priority.
Sen. George LeMieux