Expanding World Class Healthcare In South Florida
Growing Cleveland Clinic Florida: Bigger. Broader. Better.
Cleveland Clinic Florida is expanding world-class health care now and in the future thanks to generous donations to our philanthropic campaign and $302 million in capital investment support from Cleveland Clinic. This year Cleveland Clinic Florida will add new locations in Coral Springs and Wellington, as well as expand the facilities at our main campus in Weston.
Driven by a hospital occupancy rate that typically exceeds 90 percent, this expansion would not be possible without the support of our physicians, caregivers, patients and donors. Together, they comprise the Cleveland Clinic Florida community -- and helped us earn the top hospital ranking in South Florida from U.S. News & World Report for 2018-19.
Overall, expansion of Cleveland Clinic Florida is the latest step in extending the reach of Cleveland Clinic’s unique model of medicine, one that combines patient-centered care with research and innovation to achieve clinical excellence every day.
- Our recently completed expansion includes the addition of a new 221,000-square foot multi-level hospital tower, designed to accommodate emergency services, high acuity patients including individuals facing cancer, cardiac and neurological conditions and those in need of transplant services
- The new hospital tower allows us to care for more patients with complex care needs including those with advanced heart failure
- The Weston and South Broward County hospital expansion includes the addition of 75 more hospital beds
- The newly expanded Emergency Services Department includes 10 fast-track bays, three triage stations, critical care areas and 50 percent more emergency room capacity to better serve our patients
- The addition of two resuscitation bays with state-of-the-art medical gas booms allow us to resuscitate patients with the most severe medical conditions
- Inside the new facility, patients have access to natural light through elevated windows along the department’s central space and windows in each of the 24 observation bays which facilitate comfort and a healing environment
- The next phase of the Weston hospital expansion will include three additional operating suites, a new Women’s Center, a larger cafeteria; expansion of imaging and laboratory facilities, renovation of common areas and additional parking
Cleveland Clinic Florida’s expansion to Coral Springs means better healthcare and easier access to world class services for residents in Coral Springs, north Broward and southern Palm Beach County. Our new Coral Springs Family Health Center provides specialized care and medical innovation, allowing patients to benefit from high-quality, world-class services closer to home.
The new Coral Springs location boasts a 73,000 square foot facility that offers a wide range of specialty care and ambulatory surgical services in a state-of-the-art, modern environment. In addition, primary care services are also available at our Parkland medical office located two miles away.
The Coral Springs Family Health Center includes:
- 40 exam rooms
- 24 prep and recover bays
- 6 operating rooms
- 2 endoscopy suites
- A standalone building easily accessible from the Sawgrass Expressway
- Surgical and imaging services
- Four operating rooms
- Two procedure rooms
- CT/MRI and X-ray imaging
- New 7,400 square foot medical office in the Village of Wellington in Palm Beach County that is now open
- Located in the Village Green Center at the corner of Stribling Way and S.R. 7
- Services offered include primary care, cardiology and other specialty services
- Features 22 exam rooms, as well as physician offices