Florida Weston Hospital
The nurses at Cleveland Clinic Florida-Weston Hospital are proud to have achieved Pathway to Excellence® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in 2013 and again in 2017. This designation is awarded to nursing organizations that have demonstrated a well-established culture of shared decision making, patient safety, and excellence in nursing care.
Nurses at Cleveland Clinic Florida-Weston’s are invested in their commitment to safe quality care and have contributed through shared governance in the achievement of numerous nursing and hospital-wide recognitions:
- U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospital ranking for 2020-21. For the third consecutive year, Weston Hospital has earned the No. 1 hospital ranking in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale metro area which includes Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties.
- Rated “A” for Patient Safety by the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Group in the spring of 2020.
- Emergency Nursing Association’s Lantern Award® in 2017 and again in 2020. The ENA Lantern Award recognizes emergency departments that demonstrate exceptional and innovative performance in nursing leadership, practice, education, advocacy and quality.
- Stroke Gold Plus® Achievement Award with Target Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus by the American Heart Association.
- Joint Commission’s Top Performer for Advanced Certification in Ventricular Assist Device (VAD).
- Level 4 Epilepsy Center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers.
Who We Are
The Cleveland Clinic Florida-Weston hospital was established in 2001 and has ambulatory clinic locations in Parkland, Coral Springs, Wellington, West Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens. Cleveland Clinic Florida is licensed for 206 inpatient beds and is home to more than 900 RNs and APRNs. It is a not-for-profit academic acute care medical center that provides multidisciplinary acute hospital and ambulatory care with a focus on collaboration, research, and education.
The hospital and clinics which are part of the Cleveland Clinic Enterprise, provides care in more than 35 specialties and has over 800,000 patient visits annually. Cleveland Clinic Florida-Weston’s location in sunny tropical South Florida, serves as an ideal gateway for Latin America and the Caribbean.
Cleveland Clinic Florida-Weston nurses take pride in servicing not only their hospital and clinic based patients, but also their local and international communities. The diversity of the nurses at Cleveland Clinic Florida-Weston are a reflection of the communities they serve and positions them to provide comprehensive, culturally sensitive care to meet all their patient’s diverse and individualized needs.
Professional Practice Model
The Cleveland Clinic Florida-Weston nurses use the guiding principle of Patients First and to the highest quality compassionate care through the use of the Zielony Nursing Institute’s Professional Practice Model. The model’s components of quality and safety, relationship-based culture, professional practice and development, and research, evidence based practice and innovation serve as the foundational tenets for nursing care rendered throughout the organization.
Shared Governance at Cleveland Clinic Florida-Weston
Shared Governance gives nurses across all care settings a voice to affect their practice and the care provided for patients. It supports a culture of partnership, equity, accountability, and ownership which enhances nursing satisfaction, retention, patient satisfaction, and quality outcomes.