Cleveland Clinic Florida’s surgeons offer surgery for all types of heart conditions. Expertise in cardiac surgery includes surgery for heart valve disease, valve repair, aortic aneurysm repair, coronary artery bypass, surgery for arrhythmias, heart failure, Marfan syndrome and other less common conditions. They also specialize in the surgical treatment of diseases of the lung and chest, including lung cancer, thymoma, pleural effusions and infections. Our surgical team of experts work with the newest surgical techniques, equipment and devices, including minimally invasive surgery, off-pump bypass, robotically assisted and percutaneous procedures.
Cleveland Clinic is a pioneer in minimally invasive beating heart surgery, which results in less pain and trauma, reduced recovery time and reduced risk of infection. Following the Cleveland Clinic model of medicine, the Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery department collaborates with many other specialists to provide patients with coordinated diagnosis and treatment plans.
What We Treat
Conditions We Treat for Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery in South Florida
- Abnormal Heart Rhythms
- Aorta Disease
- Aortic Valve Disease
- Benign conditions of the lungs (interstitial lung disease)
- Chest wall tumors
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Disorders of the pleurae (the membranes surrounding the lungs)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Disease
- Lung tumors and lung cancer
- Mitral Valve Disease
- Pleural Effusion (excess fluid in the pleural cavity)
- Tumors of the mediastinum (Thymoma, lymphoma, teratoma, etc)
Services & Treatments
What Services We Offer in South Florida
- Lung Biopsy
- Lung Cancer Surgery
- Lymph Node Biopsy
- Pleural fluid drainage
- Pleurx Catheter
- Removal of parts or the entire Lung for tumor or infection (Pulmonary Resection):
- Lobectomy (Part of lung)
- Pneumonectomy (Whole lung)
- Segmentectomy (Part of lung)
- Wedge Resection (Part of lung)
- Thymecotomy for myasthenia gravis and thymoma
- VATS, Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery
- Aortic Valve Repair or Replacement for:
- Aortic Valve Stenosis (Narrowing or tight)
- Aortic Valve Regurgitation or Insufficiency (Leaking)
- Atrial Septal Defect repair (hole in the heart)
- Biventricular lead placement
- Removal of Masses or Tumors from the heart
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
Appointments & Locations
To schedule a consultation, call direct 954.659.5320 or toll-free 877.463.2010. You can also make an appointment online.
You can now stay connected to your healthcare team through virtual visits, using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Why go virtual? It's an easy, convenient and secure way to see your provider face-to-face without having to leave home. This saves you travel time, parking fees and time spent in the waiting room — and you can also have a loved one or caregiver join you. If appropriate, you can also get a prescription sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
Many insurance companies cover the cost of virtual visits, so check with your insurance company ahead of time. Interested in getting started? Call your provider to find out what virtual visit options are available.