At Cleveland Clinic in Florida, we recognize that every patient is a unique individual with their own specific needs. Our cancer palliative and support care professionals and cancer education specialists ensure you have exceptional care. They provide you with the information and resources you need throughout diagnosis, treatment and life after cancer. You can count on us to be there for you and your family members with comprehensive and compassionate cancer support services.
Cancer Palliative and Supportive Care at Cleveland Clinic in Florida: Why Choose Us?
Cancer care can feel like a whirlwind of test results and treatment plans. Our trained palliative and supportive care specialists walk beside you, anticipating your needs and answering your questions. We provide:
- Dedicated resources: Your patient navigator is your centralized source of evidence-based, unbiased information. We help you coordinate testing and treatment appointments and help you understand your care plan after you’ve seen your cancer care providers.
- Comfort-based therapies: Our specialists provide care to help you feel and look better throughout treatment. We help improve the quality of your days and nights so you can rest and recover during treatment.
- Caring community: We connect you with cancer support groups to provide a safe community where you can talk about how you’re feeling. Our team members provide counseling and access to resources that help make life feel more manageable during treatment.
Our Cancer Support Services
Palliative care focuses on you — not on cancer. We offer a range of support services to help you feel better in every way. Our services help:
- Ease side effects, including discomfort and pain you may feel during or after treatment.
- Manage practical issues, such as addressing financial matters and arranging at-home care if needed.
- Reduce stress and improve your well-being.
Our cancer palliative and supportive care services team includes specialists with experience and training in all aspects of cancer treatment. We offer a range of services to support you (services vary by location). We provide:
Art and music therapy
We help you and your family members give voice to what you’re feeling through reflection and creativity. You don’t need a background in art or music to enjoy these complimentary sessions. We provide all materials so you can express yourself in a safe and supportive atmosphere.
Beauty and wig services
Cancer and its treatment can take a toll on your body. Our oncology estheticians help keep your skin healthy and talk with you about any body image concerns. We also offer wigs, hats and other accessories during cancer treatment.
Our massage therapists offer a healing touch to help release muscle tension, ease anxiety and improve circulation. We offer complimentary one-hour massage in our cancer centers.
Maintaining proper nutrition is critical during cancer treatment. We offer individual and group sessions with a licensed dietitian to help clarify your nutrition needs during and after treatment.
Cancer support groups provide a safe and understanding place to share your feelings. You can also learn from those who know what treatment is like. We offer support communities for many cancer types in several locations. Our cancer support team helps connect you to available groups near you.
Cancer Education & Resources
Our cancer education specialists are always available to make sure you have the information and resources you need. We answer your questions and help you:
- Connect with patient programs and support groups near you.
- Find out how to get help with lodging and transportation.
- Learn about specific cancer types.
- Understand your treatment options.
We can also connect you with information about cancer research programs at our Florida Research and Innovation Center. We help you talk with your healthcare provider about whether a clinical trial may be right for you.
Cancer Social Work Services at Cleveland Clinic in Florida
Our licensed clinical oncology social workers are highly trained in reducing the stress and anxiety that may come with a cancer diagnosis and treatment. We’re there for you with resources and support, collaborating with your cancer care team during your treatment and after. Our social workers provide:
- Access to financial assistance programs and advocates who help with financial matters.
- Assistance with government agencies and programs that can help during and after cancer treatment.
- Counseling services to support you and your loved ones as you cope with the changes and stresses of cancer treatment.
- Help with applying for employment and disability benefits.
Cancer Survivorship at Cleveland Clinic in Florida
From the time you’re diagnosed with cancer, throughout treatment and for the rest of your life, you’re a cancer survivor. Survivorship care is important to staying healthy after cancer. Our specialists provide resources to help you:
- Cope with emotional and physical changes after cancer.
- Make changes that can help you stay healthy, like quitting smoking or eating healthier.
- Manage symptoms that may occur after treatment, such as fatigue or anxiety.
- Transition back to daily activities and return to work.
You also have access to support from others who have been where you are. Connect with support groups, such as our Surviving and Thriving group, through support services at Cleveland Clinic in Florida.