Fatima Kamalia, MD, is a Pediatrician at Cleveland Clinic Canada. Dr. Kamalia has experience providing care in a variety of clinical settings, including hospital care and neonatal intensive care. She has a strong interest in pediatric emergency care.
Dr. Kamalia obtained her Doctor of Medicine at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. She completed a Residency in Pediatrics at the Hospital for Sick Children, as well as a Fellowship with the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada and a Fellowship with the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Active in her community, Dr. Kamalia is a member of the International Development and Relief Foundation and the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. She has been involved with numerous COVID-19 task forces throughout the pandemic and has given many talks on the topic of COVID-19, children, and vaccinations. She previously held the role of Pediatric Representative for the York Central Hospital’s Labour and Delivery Committee for over 15 years. She is passionate about helping those in need, and has volunteered her time with the Global Kindness Foundation’s Peru Outreach Mission (pediatric care) as well as Human Kind, where she provided medical care to children in women’s shelters. She also acted as a lecturer for the Healthy ABCs program implementation to Northern Outreach areas and for the York Central Hospitals prenatal classes.
When she’s not treating patients, Dr. Kamalia enjoys staying active with hockey, tennis, downhill skiing and playing sports with her nephews. She is an avid traveler and enjoys scuba diving and snorkeling.
- The Hospital for Sick Children
- Doctor of Medicine
- Queen's University
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Pediatric emergency care
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- The Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
- The Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (FAAP)
- York Central Hospital Association (YCH)
- The Canadian Pediatric Society (CPS)