- ½ cup cooked oatmeal
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 slices whole wheat toast
- 1 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 8 oz. black coffee
- 8 oz. nonfat yogurt
- 1 medium apple
- ½ cup garbanzo beans
- 1 cup mixed greens with ¼ cup diced red and yellow peppers, ¼ cup diced red onion, 6 cherry tomatoes, 5 slices of cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable soup
- 1 medium pear
- 1 Nature Valley® hard granola bar
- 3 oz. Atlantic salmon fillet, broiled
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 2 tsp. trans-fatty acid free margarine
- 1 whole-wheat roll
- 4 oz. nonfat chocolate-vanilla swirl pudding
- Total Fat—50 grams, 25% of calories
- Saturated Fat—7 grams, 3.5% of calories
- Protein—80 grams, 17.5% of calories
- Carbohydrate—289 grams, 64% of calories
- Dietary Fiber—41 grams
- Cholesterol—65 milligrams
- Sodium—2700 milligrams
For more information on a heart-healthy diet plan, please contact the Preventive Cardiology and Rehabilitation Program at 216.444.9353 (or toll-free at 800.223.2273, extension 49353) and we can schedule a nutrition consultation.
Talk to a Nurse: Mon. - Fri., 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. (ET)
Call a Heart & Vascular Nurse locally 216.445.9288 or toll-free 866.289.6911.
Schedule an Appointment
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace
the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider.
Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
© Copyright 2014 Cleveland Clinic. All rights reserved.