Cleveland Clinic Names New Members to Board of Directors Trustees
James A. “Jimmy” Haslam III Named to Board of Directors; Tom Glocer, Stewart A. Kohl, Jonathan Korngold, Michael B. Petras Named Trustees
February 7, 2013
Cleveland Clinic has named a new member to its Board of Directors and four new members to its Board of Trustees.
Named to the Cleveland Clinic’s Board of Directors is James A. “Jimmy” Haslam III, owner of the Cleveland Browns and chairman of Pilot Flying J and Pilot Logistic Services, which includes more than 650 retail locations and 25,000 employees.
The Board of Directors is the primary governing body of Cleveland Clinic that guides the Clinic’s charitable mission of clinical and hospital care, education and research. The Board of Directors meets eight times per year and is comprised of 24 members, who are selected for four-year terms on the basis of their expertise and experience.
Those named to the Board of Trustees are:
- Tom Glocer, New York, N.Y. Glocer is the Founding Partner of Angelic Ventures, a private investment firm focusing on financial services, media, “big data” and healthcare. Previously, he held the post of Chief Executive Officer of Thomson Reuters. He holds a bachelor's degree in political science from Columbia University and a J.D. from Yale Law School.
- Stewart A. Kohl, Shaker Heights, Ohio. Kohl is Co-Chief Executive Officer of The Riverside Company, a private equity firm focused on investing in smaller market-leading companies, with more than 200 employees in 20 offices across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. Kohl holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Oberlin College.
- Jonathan Korngold, New York, N.Y. Korngold is a Managing Director at General Atlantic, where he is a member of the firm's executive committee and investment committee, head of its global financial services sector, and co-head of its global healthcare sector. He received his M.B.A. from Harvard Business School and graduated with an A.B. in Economics with Honors from Harvard College.
- Michael B. Petras, Jr., Richfield, Ohio. Petras serves as Chief Executive Officer of AssuraMed, Inc., a distributor of medical supplies for patients with chronic diseases. Previously, he served as President and CEO of GE Lighting. He holds an MBA degree in marketing from Case Western Reserve University and a bachelor’s degree in finance from John Carroll University.
- The Board of Trustees serves in an advisory role to the Board of Directors and Trustees actively serve on Board committees. Trustees are elected by the Board of Directors for four-year terms and meet four times per year. There are currently 41 Trustees.
The Directors and Trustees serve as volunteers and are not compensated for their services.
About Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland Clinic is a nonprofit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, it was founded in 1921 by four renowned physicians with a vision of providing outstanding patient care based upon the principles of cooperation, compassion and innovation. Cleveland Clinic has pioneered many medical breakthroughs, including coronary artery bypass surgery and the first face transplant in the United States. U.S. News & World Report consistently names Cleveland Clinic as one of the nation’s best hospitals in its annual “America’s Best Hospitals” survey. About 2,800 full-time salaried physicians and researchers and 11,000 nurses represent 120 medical specialties and subspecialties. Cleveland Clinic Health System includes a main campus near downtown Cleveland, eight community hospitals and 18 Family Health Centers in Northeast Ohio, Cleveland Clinic Florida, the Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health in Las Vegas, Cleveland Clinic Canada, and, currently under construction, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. In 2010, there were 4 million visits throughout the Cleveland Clinic health system and 167,000 hospital admissions. Patients came for treatment from every state and from more than 100 countries. Visit us at http://www.clevelandclinic.org. Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/ClevelandClinic.
Eileen Sheil, 216.444.8927, email@example.com
Tracy Wheeler, 216.444.4235, firstname.lastname@example.org