Part of the Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute our pediatric specialists manage disorders of the kidney, bladder and genitalia in children. Our team includes urologists, nephrologists, fetal medicine specialists, endocrinologists, oncologists, radiologists, neurosurgeons, nurses and social workers.
The team collaborates to offer inpatient evaluation, as well as medical or surgical intervention for acquired and congenital problems. We see patients in the Glickman Tower on the 9th floor (Q9-1) at Cleveland Clinic’s main campus, as well as at our family health centers.
Urology conditions are those that affect:
- Reproductive system
- Urinary tract
More serious conditions of the urinary tract or kidneys may be associated with frequent, uncontrolled or painful urination. Through our multidisciplinary team of pediatric specialists, we evaluate, diagnose and treat all acquired and congenital urologic conditions. Some of those include:
- Adrenal and Kidney Diseases
- Benign & Malignant Tumors
- Bladder Exstrophy
- Disorders of Sexual Differentiation
- Genitourinary Tract Reconstruction for Congenital Anomalies, Disease or Trauma
- Genitourinary Tract Tumors
- Hernias and Hydroceles
- Kidney Failure
- Kidney Stones
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Spina Bifida
- Undescended Testes
- Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Urologic Cancers
- Vesicoureteral Reflux
- Voiding Dysfunction
- Advanced imaging technologies allow many urologic conditions to be detected before a child is born. This gives parents, physicians and medical specialists the opportunity to plan ahead and develop a detailed course of therapeutic action.
- We are familiar with advanced treatments for these conditions and have assisted in the development of many of them. Our specialists continue to refine modern technologies and techniques while at the same time conducting research to create even more effective therapies.
- Nationally ranked pediatric programs in Urology and Kidney Disorders in U.S. News & World Report.
- Provides comprehensive care for children and adolescents undergoing hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis.
- One of the few pediatric renal dialysis centers in Ohio.
- Staffed by specialists in nephrology and urology, nurses with experience in the care of children with renal disease, and pediatric social workers familiar with the challenges these patients and their families face.
- Provides diagnosis and management of congenital and acquired abnormalities of the genitourinary tract.
- Leaders in robotic surgery. Cleveland Clinic urologists are skilled in procedures such as robotic-assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty for children with urinary tract obstructions. (from hang tag)
- Expertise and innovation. Among the many minimally invasive pediatric procedures we offer is single-port laparoscopic surgery for the treatment of varicoceles. (from hang tag)
- State-of-the-art urodynamics laboratory for complete evaluation and analysis of urological conditions.
Information & Appointments
- Call: 216.444.5600 or 800.223.2273, ext. 45600
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
Add content here.