Orthopaedic surgeons treat disorders of bone, joint, spine and limb development in the growing child. These problems can be present at birth, may occur spontaneously as the child grows, or may be due to trauma, such as a broken bone.
Some of the issues we often see are:
Congenital pediatric orthopaedic conditions:
- Coxa vara
- Femoroacetabular Impingement
- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis
Foot and ankle conditions including:
Back pain including:
Upper extremity conditions including:
Knee and leg conditions including:
- Knock knees
- Leg lengthening
- Meniscal Tears
- Osgood Schlatter
- Osteochondritis dissecans
Multidisciplinary Approach to Orthopaedic Care
We bring together a team of highly trained specialists in order to determine the appropriate intervention and treatment plan for your child. Our orthopaedic team includes:
- Pediatric Orthopaedic surgeons
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physical and Occupational therapists
- Experts in sports medicine
Your child’s pediatrician is an integral member of our extended team with whom we consult in developing treatment and, when appropriate, ongoing care plans for your child.
Between our pediatric orthopaedic surgeons’ technical expertise and their involvement in ongoing research, we can offer your child the latest, most effective treatments.
Our board-certified surgeons offer the following:
- Instrumented segmental spinal fusion with pedicle screw fixation for scoliosis
- Hip arthroscopy and surgical dislocation of the hip for femoroacetabular impingement
- Ponseti clubfoot treatment
- Computerized correction of leg-length discrepancy and angular deformities using the Taylor spatial frame
- State-of-the-art care of children's fractures
Strong orthopaedic research activity
Our research efforts in growth-plate biology are supported by the National Institute of Health and our clinical outcomes studies are supported by the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America and Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation, allowing us to continue studying and providing the most advanced treatments and highest quality of care.
Call 216.444.2606 before 1 p.m. on weekdays, and we’ll arrange for a Cleveland Clinic pediatric orthopaedist to see your child right away at one of multiple Northeast Ohio locations.