Applications to our Pediatric Residency Program are accepted only through ERAS when the system opens in September. Completed applications must be received by December 1st to be considered. Applications or other information submitted via mail, email, phone or fax will not be reviewed or considered.
All invitations to interview will be sent via email through ERAS. Interview slots are available on a limited basis, and tend to fill quickly, so we suggest you arrange your interview day as early as possible after receiving your invitation. We interview candidates beginning mid-October and extending through mid-January.
US Medical School Applicants - Minimum Requirements for Application
- Completed ERAS Application, Including:
- Completed USMLE Step 1 and USMLE Step 2 (result available no later than January), OR
- Completed COMLEX Step 1 and Step 2 (Osteopathic Programs)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Deans Letter (available by October)
- Medical School Transcripts
- Personal Statement
International Medical Graduate - Minimum Requirements for Application
In addition to all the above requirements for ERAS:
- ECFMG Certification: Passing scores on USMLE Step 1, USMLE Step 2 CK (clinical knowledge) and USMLE Step 2 CS (clinical skills).
- Must be able to begin training on July 1st (Required for the NRMP match).
- Prior Pediatric training preferred but not required.
- We sponsor H1 visas for eligible candidates with passing scores on the USMLE Step 3 available before March.
- Please do not call to inquire about our application requirements or the status of your application. All invitations to interview will be sent via email through ERAS.
- For further VISA information, please follow the link http://portals.clevelandclinic.org/gme/NewApplicants/InternationalApplicants/tabid/8867/Default.aspx
Combined Pediatrics and Child Neurology Training Program
The Categorical Pediatric Residency Program and the Pediatric Neurology Residency Training Program at the Cleveland Clinic have joined together to create a 5-year integrated training program allowing trainees to achieve Board Certification in both Pediatrics and Child Neurology. A special agreement exists with the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) and the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP). To meet the requirements of both the ABP and the ABPN, an applicant must complete 2 years of accredited training in general categorical pediatrics plus complete the neurology training necessary to meet the requirements for certification in neurology with special qualifications in Child Neurology.
Students interested in this unique 5-year experience must apply via ERAS to Pediatrics Categorical and Child Neurology and interview with both training programs, coordinated in special 2-day sessions offered from October through December.
Students interested in the 5-year combined training program should indicate their preference for “Combined 5-year pediatrics/pediatric neurology training program” when applying. Applicants MUST apply to both training programs through ERAS (and the NRMP) for the categorical Pediatrics training program.
Once matched for the combined 5-year program, your starting position in our categorical pediatric residency program is confirmed through ERAS and the NRMP match.
The many options available to pursue training in Pediatrics and Neurology can be confusing. It is highly recommended that interested candidates convey their interest to both programs as early as possible in the application process so that we may assist you in fulfilling the necessary steps to qualify.