Pharmacy Practice Residency Program
PGY 1 Pharmacy Practice Residency Program
The Pharmacy Practice Residency Program focuses on the development of general pharmaceutical patient care expertise. The residency offers exposure to intensive care, such as medical, surgical, cardiovascular and cardiothoracic care, as well as neonatology, ambulatory care (anticoagulation clinic), oncology, internal medicine, infectious disease, administration and pharmacy practice. Additional opportunities will exist for further development through hospital committees, investigational review boards, and a variety of elective rotations. Residents will complete a major research project, medication-use evaluation, and a seminar presentation.
Department of Pharmacy
Hillcrest Hospital's Pharmacy Services employs about 75 people, including approximately 30 pharmacists. The pharmacy operates 24 hours per day and provides pharmaceutical services, including:
- Central and satellite pharmacy distribution
- Sterile and non-sterile compounding
- Computerized intravenous admixture and unit dose dispensing
- Advanced technology support, including wireless PCs, automated dispensing devices (robot and Pyxis) and clinical decision support tools
- Investigational drug studies
- Decentralized pharmacist practice
- Patient education programs
- Clinical pharmacy specialty practices
- Drug information programs
- In-service education
- Pharmacy, therapeutics and formulary committee participation
- Nursing newsletters
- Pharmacist-led research through the residency program
- Hillcrest Hospital utilizes a computer-based physician order entry program (EPIC) that integrates data from pharmacy, admissions, laboratory, radiology, nursing, medicine and microbiology.
Residency Program Training Site
Type: Hospital, Acute Care
Owner/Affiliate: Cleveland Clinic
Model Type(s): Community/Tertiary Care
Patients Enrolled: N/A
Tax Status: Non Profit
Professional Staff: 35
Non-Professional Staff: 35
Total Beds: 500
Average Daily Census: 400
Learn more about the Pharmacy Practice Residency Program at Hillcrest Hospital.
Information and guidelines for applying to the Pharmacy Practice Residency Program
The Pharmacy Practice Residency Program provides a wide array of benefits to you during your experience as a resident.
Learn about the Pharmacy Practice Residency Program curriculum, required research and graduation information.
Browse our most frequently asked questions regarding the Pharmacy Practice Residency Program.
More information on the program's personnel, as well as current and past residents.