Art Therapy Program Expanded for Patient Convenience
Discover the healing power of art by participating in Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center's Art Therapy Program. We welcome patients, families, and caregivers to express themselves through a variety of media including drawing, painting, collage, and sculpture. All sessions are led by an art therapist who helps individuals learn to use art as an alternative mode of communication, personal exploration, and self expression.
Art Therapy is engaging in the creation of art with the help of an art therapist to assist with emotional, physical healing and growth. Anyone can benefit from art therapy, it does not depend upon talent or technical ability.
Open Studio Hours
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays - 9 a.m. – Noon
- Tuesdays and Thursdays - 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Lisa Shea, MAT
Learn more about what Cleveland Clinic's Art & Music Therapy program can do for you.
Individual Sessions Available
You can schedule an individual session during treatment by contacting our art therapist at 216.444.2479
- Free of charge
- Supplies are included
- No previous art experience is required
- Open to caregivers, patients, and families
- Open studio format - ideas and suggestions for projects are welcome
Art Therapy Can Help
- Decrease pain
- Decrease anxiety
- Improve coping skills
- Provide an opportunity for self expression
- Enhance self esteem
- Promote relaxation
- Provide a sense of choice and control
- Improve attention span
- Assist with rehabilitation