Cleveland Clinic’s Sports Health Program, which is part of the Orthopaedic & Rheumatologic Institute and associated with Cleveland Clinic Children's, enables pediatric specialists to provide consultation, diagnosis and management for children and adolescents with problems or injuries related to athletics.
Cleveland Clinic Sports Health brings together top orthopaedic surgeons, primary care sports medicine physicians, physician assistants, nurses, physical therapists, athletic trainers and exercise physiologists all under the same roof.
We see child and adolescent patients at Cleveland Clinic Sports Health Center, as well as a number of family health centers around the community.
Cleveland Clinic Sports Health team works with children and adolescents who have problems or injuries related to athletics. We focus on a number of areas from developing performance improvement programs, injury prevention and proper nutrition to rehabilitation and surgical correction.
You can seek help from a sports health expert for:
- Musculoskeletal issues (sprains; knee, shoulder, or other joint injuries; fractures)
- Nutrition, supplements
- Overall fitness/wellness
- Performance enhancement
- Pre-participation physicals
- Pre-participation exams
- Physical evaluation of injuries
- Therapeutic and maintenance exercise programs
- Sports chiropractor
- Sports acupuncture
- Sports psychology
- State-of-the-art imaging
Our sports health program uses a multidisciplinary approach to care. Through our center, child and adolescent patients have access to a variety of programs and services that can be combined for each individual athletes’ needs, as well as comprehensive surgical services when necessary.
- Our Orthopaedic Surgery Department is ranked among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- Surgeons use minimally invasive techniques (such as arthroscopic surgery) whenever possible to minimize pain, scarring and recovery time.
- Access to advanced rehabilitation equipment is available for our young patients including the latest in diagnostic and rehabilitation techniques and treatment protocols.
- Young patients can receive help with performance enhancement, which includes athlete assessment to determine appropriate goals and methods for achieving optimal performance.
- Specialized program that addresses medical and athletic issues specific to female athletes.
- Access the same care, equipment and services provided to Cleveland's professional sports teams
- Access to all services provided in a central location for convenience
- Six outpatient surgery suites
- Physical Therapy
- On-site imaging
- Performance Enhancement Programs
- Aquatic Therapy
- Same-Day Appointment whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
Cleveland Clinic's Sports Health Program offers a variety of programs and services for individual athletes' needs.
The most widely used computerized concussion management program in the world. ImPACT is a sophisticated software program that helps sports-medicine physicians evaluate an individual’s recovery following concussion.
Highly effective noninvasive treatment for individuals with chronic, painful tendonitis that has not responded to conservative treatments. EPAT delivers intense energy pulses to the inflamed area and accelerates the natural healing of soft-tissue.
Information & Appointments
- Call: 877.440.TEAM (8326)
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
For your convenience, services are provided in a number of locations throughout the community.