We treat and care for our adolescent patients who are diagnosed with, or who require care for the following behavioral and developmental issues:
- Androgen Insensitivity
- Body Image Problems
- Bone Health Problems
- Breast Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Menstrual Disorders
- Obesity Problems
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Preventative Medicine
- Prevention of Teen Pregnancy
In addition to treating puberty related issues, our services also extend to children between the ages of 8 and 11 who are pre-pubertal or peri-pubertal and may have specific age-related issues.
We use a state-of-the-art, evidence based, multidisciplinary approach in treating our adolescent patients. In this way, as a parent, you know we are using all of our resources and knowledge to ensure we are treating and caring for your child at every level.
Our team consists of:
- Pediatricians/Adolescent Medicine experts
- Social workers
- Obesity Programs: Fit Youth Program,Obesity Evaluations, Protein sparing modified fast
- Wellness initiatives: 5 to Go! Food is Knowledge, Healthy Futures, Smoking cessation
- Eating Disorders: Medical evaluation and treatment for ages 5-22 years of age through our Center for Eating Disorder.
Obesity evaluations performed by Drs. Allison Brindle, Sarah Lappe, and Ellen Rome, in conjunction with our certified dietitians.This process consists of monthly follow ups as necessary.Additionally, protein sparing modified fasting is available for highly motivated adolescents.