- 1st year $48,435
- 2nd year $49,874
- 3rd year $51,521
$2,500 is offered yearly for pediatric resident who provides documentation of outstanding educational loans (example: Sallie Mae, Great Lakes, Perkins).
Cleveland Clinic GME reimburses clinical trainees at PGY 2 and above a maximum of $1,200 to present at one meeting per year. Additional funds may be available for resident presentation of scholarly work.
$1,500 over three years
American Academy of Pediatrics Membership
AAP membership including the PREP series is provided to all our residents. The program has two resident delegates selected by their peers each year. Program delegates have opportunities to participate in state and national AAP events.
Two libraries are available for resident use in both the outpatient and inpatient locations. Several pediatric textbooks and journals are available as well as computer access.
Cleveland Clinic Alumni Library has a collection of some 10,000 texts, CD-ROMs, audio/videotapes and slides focusing on clinical medicine and the basic sciences, with a sizable collection of pediatric related materials. The Library also subscribes to over 1200 journals in clinical medicine, nursing, and the basic sciences. Databases available through the Cleveland Clinic Alumni Library include Medline through Ovid, PubMed, UptoDate, Knowledge Finder, Agricola, CancerLit, HealthStar, Info Trac’s Health Reference Center, EBM – Evidence Based Medicine, PsychINFO, and other medically related databases. The Learning Resources Center located in the Alumni Library houses the media collection and the computer lab. Study rooms are available for viewing videotapes, slides, and CD-ROM programs.
The Graduate Medical Education Office and the Pediatric Education Office can provide general information and assistance in securing housing to meet individual needs. The Cleveland area has several nice neighborhoods both east and west of the river. Rental and purchasing prices are extremely affordable and public school systems are incredibly strong. University Circle has home buying incentives available.
Cleveland Clinic will provide Cleveland Clinic Core Health Insurance Plan for you and your eligible dependents at no cost to you. Other plans may also be available.
(Long term) Paid for by Cleveland Clinic for Residents/Fellows in Clinical Training.
Maternity/Paternity: Medical Coverage
100% coverage is provided through your health plan, within the plan’s guidelines. See “time away” below regarding leave coverage.
A $1,200 interest free loan is available to all house staff who receive a salary from the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
Resident malpractice insurance is paid for by Cleveland Clinic Educational Foundation and includes tail coverage. Liability coverage is limited to activities within the training program.
- Vacation: 3 weeks (15 paid working days) per year.
- Maternity Leave: Cleveland Clinic Graduate Medical Education policy provides 6 weeks-paid leave for vaginal childbirth or adoption; 8 weeks for cesarean section. Trainees may take additional time off, unpaid, up to a maximum of 12 weeks under FMLA.
- Paternity Leave: Cleveland Clinic Graduate Medical Education policy provides 2 weeks paid leave (10 working days). Trainees may take additional time off, unpaid, up to a maximum of 12 weeks under FMLA.
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) entitles all employees up to 12 weeks off, unpaid, after one year of employment. See Graduate Physicians Manual for further information.
Due to your specialty Board’s requirements, you may need to make up part or all of your leave time prior to program completion.
- PGY-1 and PGY-2 House Staff may attend local meetings (one day maximum) with approval of Program Director.
- Our graduating seniors have the opportunity to attend our week long Pediatric Board Review free of charge.
- Benefits provided to all Cleveland Clinic graduated trainees.
- Anatomy Laboratory
- Simulation Lab
- Editorial Assistance
- Research Project Posters free of charge
- Active House Staff Association
- House Staff Spouse Association Funding
- Housing Information
- Discounts on Eyeglasses or Contacts
- Free Notary Service
- On-site daycare