An integral part of the Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic Florida's Department of Urology is a national and worldwide leader in the treatment of urologic and kidney disorders such as prostate diseases, erectile dysfunction, impotence, kidney stones, sexual dysfunction, Peyronie's disease, incontinence, voiding disorders, male Infertility, bladder cancer and kidney cancer.
Our staff also specializes in female urology as well and treats diseases such as incontinence, female sexual dysfunction (FSD), loss of desire, and pain during intercourse. Urologists collaborate with gynecologists and colorectal surgeons into the treatment of pelvic floor dysfunction problems, including fecal incontinence, rectal prolapse, sexual dysfunction and complex lower urinary tract problems. Cleveland Clinic Florida's Pelvic Floor Center has been designated a Center of Excellence (COE): Continence Care in Women by the National Association for Continence. Cleveland Clinic Florida is the first medical center on the east coast and the third in the nation to receive this designation.
Cleveland Clinic urologists pioneered many of the latest urologic minimally invasive procedures such as robotic prostatectomy and prosthetic surgery. We are dedicated to enhancing patient care by offering innovative procedures that minimize risk and enhance recovery.
The full range of diagnostic testing and state-of-the-art treatment options are available right on the Cleveland Clinic Florida campus. The vast majority of tests and procedures are done on an outpatient basis; however, when hospitalization or surgery is necessary, patients are admitted to the hospital at Cleveland Clinic. Furthermore, patients are also welcome to participate in the many clinical trials that are also available.
To request an appointment, please call toll-free 877.463.2010.
Minimally Invasive Urological (Laparoscopic) Surgery
Advanced Options for Prostate Cancer
- ROBOTIC nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy
Sexual Dysfunction, Peyronie's Disease and Male Infertility
- Male sexual dysfunction (including ED or impotence)
- Penile Prosthesis (Penile Implant) Surgery, including ‘difficult’ and ‘redo’ Prosthetic surgery.
- Vascular, neurologic or hormonal disease
- Erectile dysfunction (impotence)
- Peyronie’s disease (penile curvature)
- Intralesional therapy for Peyronie’s Disease
- Hypogonadism/Low Testosterone
- Premature ejaculation
- Female sexual dysfunction
- Loss of desire
- Androgen insufficiency
- Difficulty reaching orgasm
- Pain during intercourse
- Medical therapies
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Phalloplasty and penile reconstructive surgery
- Male Factor Infertility
- Vasectomy reversal
- Microscopic varicocelectomy
- Various minimally invasive techniques of sperm extraction
- Assisted-reproductive technologies
- In-vitro fertilization centers
Continent Urinary Diversion
- Bladder cancer
- Advanced robotics and Reconstructive techniques
- Bladder removal
- Continent urinary diversion
Benign Prostate Disease
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Laser surgery
- Medical and surgical management
- Minimally invasive techniques
- Laser surgical techniques
- Metabolic Evaluation for Stone Disease
Continence and Pelvic Health
- Female urology
- Urinary incontinence (Male and Female)
- Overactive bladder
- Voiding dysfunction
- Pelvic prolapse
- Pelvic reconstruction
- Collagen injections
- Male and Female Sling procedures
- Artificial Urinary Sphincter
- Bladder pacemakers (InterStim Therapy).
- Continent urinary diversion
- Orthotopic bladder
- Augmentation cystoplasty
- Urinary fistulae repairs
- Female pelvic prolapse repair
The renowned physicians at Cleveland Clinic Florida's Department of Urology are an integral part of the Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, a national and worldwide leader in urology was ranked 2nd nationally in the survey done by U.S. News & World Report.
Our fellowship trained physicians offer a high level of expertise and experience in the management of common and rare urologic problems. Their commitment to research and publication in peer-reviewed journals has given them national and international standing, and earned them a reputation as one of the finest urological department in the southeastern United States.
Our staff represents many subspecialties of urologic care, including: cancer, prostate disease, sexual dysfunction and urination problems. While some diseases such as prostate cancer or benign prostate disease pertain only to men, the urologists treat men and women with kidney, bladder and other forms of urologic cancer; all sexual disorders, urinary incontinence, overactive bladder and female pelvic prolapse. Our physicians also specialize in urological conditions in women including urethral and vaginal reconstruction, urinary tract infections, and female sexual dysfunction (FSD).
- Lawrence S. Hakim, MD, FACS
Chair, Department of Urology
Head, Section of Sexual Dysfunction
- Alok Shrivastava, MD
Head, Section of Robotic Urologic Oncology
- Barbara Ercole, MD
- William H. Gans, MD
- Nicolas Muruve, MD
- Sneha Vaish, MD