Treatment & Services
- Bladder Tumor Biopsy And Resection
- Partial Nephrectomy
- Prostate Biopsy
- Radical Cystectomy
- Radical Nephrectomy: Laparoscopic Or Open
- Radical Orchiectomy
- Radical Prostatectomy
- Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection
- Robotic Prostate Surgery
Specialty in Diseases & Conditions
- Adrenal Cancer
- Adrenal Tumors
- Complex Renal Cysts
- Elevated PSA
- Facts About Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Osteoporosis Related to Cancer
- Penile Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Transitional Cell Cancer
- Ureteral Cancer
Is Cleveland Clinic Part of Your Insurance?
Review a list of accepted insurance plans for our Northeast Ohio locations or learn more about purchasing a contracted managed care plan.View All Plans
Education & Professional Highlights
Education & Fellowships
Fellowship - Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
New York, NY USA
Residency - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Internship - Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland, OH USA
Medical School - University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
Chicago, IL USA
Graduate - University of Chicago
Chicago, IL USA
Undergraduate - University of Chicago
Chicago, IL USA
- Robotic training seminars
- Laparoscopic surgery training seminars
- Laser surgery training seminars
- Vice Chairman Urology, Center for Urologic Oncology, 2010
- Residency Program Director, Cleveland Clinic, 2006-Present
- Chief of Urology, Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital, Chicago, 2001-2005
- American Urologic Association, Boards Examination Committee, 1999-2003
- American Joint Committee on Cancer, Committee for Staging Urologic Cancers, 2006-2010
- Society of Urologic Oncology, Examination Committee
Adrenal cancer, bladder cancer, complex renal cysts, kidney cancer, osteoporosis related to cancer, penile cancer, prostate cancer, testis cancer, transitional cell carcinoma, urologic oncology
Awards & Honors
- Best Doctors in Cleveland, 2006, 2007
- America’s Top Doctors for Cancer, 2004-2006
- America’s Top Physicians, 2004, 2005
- Best Doctors in America, 2003-2005
- Kimmel Research Scholar, 1999-2001
- American Foundation for Urologic Disease Research Scholar, 1996-1998
- Medical Scientist Training Program Scholarship Recipient, 1982-1989
- A.A. Stagg Academic/Athletic Scholarship, University of Chicago, 1978-1982
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1989
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1981
- George and Grace Crile Traveling Fellowship Award, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 1994
Innovations & Patents
- Dr. Campbell is active in laparoscopic surgery for the kidney and bladder and robotic surgery for the prostate, as well as new techniques for partial nephrectomy.
- American Urologic Association
- Society of Urologic Oncology
- Society of Pelvic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Society for Basic Urologic Research
Research & Publications
(Disclaimer: This search is powered by PubMed, a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. PubMed is a third-party website with no affiliation with Cleveland Clinic.)
Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists may collaborate with the pharmaceutical or medical device industries to help develop medical breakthroughs or provide medical expertise or education. Cleveland Clinic strives to make scientific advances that will benefit patient care and support outside relationships that promise public benefit. In order for the discoveries of Cleveland Clinic physicians' and scientists' laboratories and investigations to benefit the public, these discoveries must be commercialized in partnership with industry. As experts in their fields, Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists are often sought after by industry to consult, provide expertise and education.
To assure professional and commercial integrity in such matters, Cleveland Clinic maintains a program that reviews these collaborations and, when appropriate, puts measures in place to minimize bias that may result from ties to industry. Cleveland Clinic publicly discloses the names of companies when (i) its physicians/scientists receive $5,000 or more per year (or, in rare cases, equity or stock options) for speaking and consulting, (ii) its physicians/scientists serve as a fiduciary, (iii) its physicians/scientists receive or have the right to receive royalties or (iv) its physicians/ scientists hold any equity interest for the physician's/scientist's role as inventor, discoverer, developer, founder or consultant.* In publicly disclosing this information, Cleveland Clinic tries to provide information as accurately as possible about its physicians' and scientists' connections with industry.
As of 11/20/2016, Dr. Campbell has reported no financial relationship with industry that is applicable to this listing. In general, patients should feel free to contact their doctor about any of the relationships and how the relationships are overseen by Cleveland Clinic. To learn more about Cleveland Clinic's policies on collaborations with industry and innovation management, go to our Integrity in Innovation page.
Public Health Service-Reportable Financial Conflicts of Interest. Cleveland Clinic scientists and physicians engage in basic, translational and clinical research activities, working to solve health problems, enhance patient care and improve quality of life for patients. Interactions with industry are essential to bringing the researchers' discoveries to the public, but can present the potential for conflicts of interest related to their research activities. Click here to view a listing of instances where Cleveland Clinic has identified a Public Health Service (PHS)-Reportable Financial Conflict of Interest and has put measures in place to ensure that, to the extent possible, the design, conduct and reporting of the research is free from bias.
* Cleveland Clinic physicians and scientists subscribe to the guidance presented in the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals. As such, gifts of substantial value are generally prohibited.
166 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions shown below from our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cleveland Clinic.
|Courtesy, Respect & Concern||5|
|Knows Medical History||4.9|
|Time Spent with Patient||4.8|
|Patient Rating of Doctor||4.9|
11 Patient Comments
Reviewed on Feb 16, 2017
Never a bad moment...
Reviewed on Jan 9, 2017
Reviewed on Dec 19, 2016
Overall, a pleasant experience.
Reviewed on Dec 1, 2016
Dr. Campbell has always provided excellent care. He is extremely knowledgeable, but explains things in terms you are able to understand. I could not ask for any better provider than Dr. Campbell. I am a cancer survivor of 2 different cancers for which Dr. Campbell treated both. I AM NOW CANCER FREE THANKS TO THIS MAN AND GOD!!!
Reviewed on Nov 8, 2016
A special thanks to Dr. Steven Campbell and all the doctors who helped me along the way where excellent. The nursing staff, aides, PA's all very professional and caring.
Reviewed on Aug 18, 2016
Dr. Campbell is always terrific. Truly the best at what he does.
Reviewed on Jul 14, 2016
I consider my doctor one of the best in United States.
Reviewed on Jun 24, 2016
For all I've gone thru, they have all been courteous, professional, informative & kind.
Reviewed on May 19, 2016
Dr. Campbell was very supportive and provided very clear and careful advice about my health status and about my past and future treatment. I am very glad to be treated by Dr. Campbell.
Reviewed on May 16, 2016
We travel from Missouri to Cleveland for our appointments at Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Steven Campbell is the most caring, kind, and knowledgeable doctor we have ever had. We are so grateful for him and his expertise in his field. He performed partial nephretomies on my husband and me due to kidney cancer. He is an amazing doctor and kind person and we know the Clinic is so proud to have him on staff!!
Reviewed on May 2, 2016
© 2017 The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be altered, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form, by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, by photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Cleveland Clinic.