Infertility is a common problem and affects one in every six couples who are trying to conceive. In at least half of all cases of infertility, a male factor is a major or contributing cause. Current reproductive guidelines allow for the evaluation of a couple at any time that they perceive an issue achieving a pregnancy.
The specialists in the Cleveland Clinic Center for Male Fertility understand your concerns from an emotional perspective as well as the medical one. We offer a unique, comprehensive, team approach to diagnosing and treating male infertility to help you achieve your personal goals and dreams for the future. We bring a personal touch to each couple, and make sure they understand the tests and options at each step of the process. We work closely and regularly with a wide array of female reproductive specialists (Reproductive Endocrinologist) within Cleveland Clinic and from other hospitals.
We additionally bring to the point of care all the resources of Cleveland Clinic, which includes a world class andrology lab with cryopreservation capability, and the use of cutting edge technology for reproduction and in-vitro fertilization. When needed, the physicians at The Center for Male Fertility regularly perform surgeries including testicular biopsy, advanced sperm harvest techniques, varicocelectomy, and complicated microsurgical vas deferens reconstructions.
- Semen Analysis
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Microsurgical Sperm Extraction
- Varicocele Ligation
- Percutaneous Epididymal Aspiration
- Testosterone Replacement including Subcutaneous Pellet Implantation
We have ongoing research in many of the major areas of male infertility:
- Varicocelectomy: pregnancy rates following varicocelectomy and advanced semen parameter testing, including DNA fragmentation index.
- Vasectomy Reversal: pregnancy outcomes following vasectomy reversal.
- Semen Analysis: appropriate clinical testing and yield during the workup following a semen analysis showing pyospermia.
- Genetic Workup for Oligospermia: a cost and yield analysis for the genetic screening tests commonly utilized for patients with oligospermia.
Call us for an Appointment
Urology Appointments: 800.223.2273 ext. 4-5600
Nephrology Appointments: 800.223.2273 ext. 4-6771
Schedule an Appointment Online
This information is provided by Cleveland Clinic and is not intended to replace
the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider.
Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition.
© Copyright 2014 Cleveland Clinic. All rights reserved.