- Director: Sherif Mossad, MD
- Clinical Staff: Lucileia Teixeira Johnson, MD, Cyndee Miranda, MD, Rabin Shrestha, MD, Alan Taege, MD, Steven Mawhorter, MD, Christine Koval, MD, Eric Cober, MD, Maricar Malinis, MD, Nabin Shrestha, MD and Kyle Brizendine, MD
Specializing in services and treatment for the following:
- Pre-transplant evaluations
- Infectious complications following bone marrow and solid organ transplantation
- Post Transplantation evaluations
Our group is comprised of 9 physicians, one certified nurse practitioner and one transplant infectious disease fellow. Individual experts from other departments, including Clinical Pathology, Pediatrics, Immunology, and Infection Control attend our biweekly meetings and provide vital advice to our group.
Members of the group have expertise in a variety of transplant infectious disease-related topics, including cytomegalovirus, fungal infections, respiratory viral infections, transplantation of patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus, infections with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, mycobacterial infections, and parasitic infections.
Members of the transplant infectious disease group are actively involved in clinical and translational research on a local and national level, and have published extensively on a variety of the above mentioned topics. We also provide education regarding prevention and treatment of infections to transplant candidates, their care givers, and health care providers at all levels.
Referrals : Transplant infectious disease specialists welcome consults from physicians in the community who are treating transplant patients and who want to discuss complex infectious disease issues. Please call 216.444.8845 to refer patients who are being considered for transplantation or patients who are post-transplant.